Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building my own guitar!

Hi!
    i had this crappy cheap, japanese unkown model (FS, or something like that)
    and i thought that i could stripp it down, ond build it up again, like my own.
    the guitar was plain blue, and pretty boring, but the guiar in self, could be something cool..
    the body is like a strat, and the neck/headstock is like a jackson, except the tip of the head on the jackson is more sharp.
    i've used sandpaper to brush of the paintwork, and it had original 3 single coil pickups, but one of the pickupholes, can be made larger, and one of them are allready large enough to fit a humbucker i want the emg 81 and 85, like Zakk.
    or i just might make it like plain wood-colour, and have all the electronics, in multiple color, like Jason Becker's...
    does anybody have any tips on what i sholud do?
    i spoke to a guy in a guitarshop, and he told me to get the paintwork done in a car-spray-shop, cos he didnt knew of any custom-guitar makers in norway,(oslo)
    and i kinda want to do it myself....
    can someone please help me?

ps. i know this should be posted somewhere else, but i dont know where...
    and besides.. most of you are on this forum anyway.

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Building my own guitar!

hi there, if it's a ps-7 then I got the same body I'm working on at the moment. I'm just a trem system and tuners away of starting the real work. good luck

Comment

You can buy the paint yourself in an auto parts store-although I am not sure if VOLVO has any cool colors available (just joking!) Make sure you seal the body, prime it, paint it, wet sand, paint it, wet sand, etc. until the clear coat, then more wet-sanding and polishing. have fun.

Comment

It kinda sounds like my first ever guitar - an Aria Pro II FS series... it's firewood!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          It kinda sounds like my first ever guitar - an Aria Pro II FS series... it's firewood!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Newb.....don't be calling everyones projects "firewood" right off the bat dude! It might also make a nice clock. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

hey stevefireland, its it!
            its the same.. lol.
            it sucks, but with sime remodeling and some new pickups and stuff, it would be cool.

Comment

Newb? Hey, I've been hanging out on here every day for years!!! Changed my handle a while back - changed bands y'see... And just 'cause I don't post on every single thread doesn't make me a newbie!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Anyways, trust me, the FS series Aria Pro II is badly painted firewood!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It might make a good clock right enough though!!!!

Actually the body ain't too bad (it's made of some dodgy wood though), with a new neck and some new hardware it'd be half-decent... I'd be interested to see what you come up with!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
              Steve.

Comment

Being registered in July 04 with 11 posts makes you a newb in my eyes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Now that I know you've been here for "years" I feel much better.
                [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey don't be so harsh on him.I've had some bonded tonewood (plywood)bodied guitars that sounded pretty good.Damn good for the money.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

"bonded tonewood". Interesting concept, but, once you slice it up in little thin pieces and glue a whole bunch of it together doesn't it technically cease to be tone wood? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    And, I wasn't being harsh, just ribbing the dude. Chill bro, it's all in fun.

Comment

I'm chillin'.I thought you would like the bonded tonewood reference.I did have a plywood Korean strat that kicked ass it was an old one so the neck was really nice lots of lacquer and big frets.I still have the pickups and I will use them in the future because they sound great.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                      X