GHS Fast-Fret on Raw Maple Fretboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHS Fast-Fret on Raw Maple Fretboard

Does anyone know...is it safe to use Fast-Fret (or other string treatments like it) with raw maple fret boards? I use it on guitars with rosewood and ebony with no problems.

Thanks,

Rufue
    Jackson: DK1
    Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Re: GHS Fast-Fret on Raw Maple Fretboard

i wouldn't, but then again, i'm not a fan of the fast fret stuff.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I've been using the Fast Fret for many years on all my guitars which include some with raw maple boards. Have not had any problem whatsoever.

Comment

I tried that "fast fret" stuff one time, and I'll never use it again. It made me play so fast that one time my hand slipped off the neck and crashed into a wall. The impact broke my wrist in three places and I couldn't play guitar again for almost two years. It's very dangerous stuff. (course, I was using it on ebony, it may be safer on raw maple)
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Your killing me! I nearly spit my drink all over the computer! Too funny. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Sorry Rufue, I've never used Fast Fret, I'm curious about it too.

Chris
          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I'd rather just replace the strings more often then have greasy guitars.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I'd rather just replace the strings more often then have greasy guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly... Fast Fret just made my strings feel greasy and the smell seemed a bit too 'chemical' to put on my fret board.

Comment

I use the stuff in the brown plastic cylindrical container with the wooden applicator that has the plastic wrapped cloth end like a deodorant or something. Can't recall if it's Finger Ease or Fast Fret. I use it obsessively and I only wipe it off at the end of a show. My fretboards have stayed nice and clean, even the maple ones. But, I need to find out the proper way to oil and seal a new fretboard. I'm looking at Sully's post to find out.
                The Fast Fret stuff is almost a requirement for me. Guess I got too dependent on the stuff but I feel like I NEED to have it on the neck to play with the style I play with. I'm one of those players who does a lot of sliding up and down into notes, like Petrucci does. I try and have my action a little higher than most sweep pickers though to accomodate for the tendency for the strings to slip out from under my fingers if I had super low action.

Comment

I use Fast-Fret on all my guitars, including ones with maple necks. I like the way it feels and it makes the strings last longer. When I pick up a guitar to play, I wipe the strings, apply the FF, and play. When I'm done, I wipe the strings, put a coat of FF on, and put the guitar away.
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                  X