Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the chance of seeing sl2gx as a production model???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the chance of seeing sl2gx as a production model???

I saw a few pictures of sl2gx here and at guitar express. I have to say that's pretty close to my dream guitar. The only improvement I can think of is a three-a-side pointed headstock but I am fine with the regular shape, too.
    Because all existing sl2gx's were made as custom guitars, they are much more expensive than sl2h with original floyd roses. I don't know how many people really have to have a floyd rose anyway.
    I just hope they would make it a production model. Without maple veneer, it could be lower than one grand if you consider some sl1's selling for 1150. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    well, if you think about it, esp and schecter got big bites of the market because they have lots of non-floyd rose models for people to choose from.

Re: what\'s the chance of seeing sl2gx as a production model???

The SL2GX is at USA Select pricing. It first started in 2002 only through GuitarXpress in three colors. It is supposed to be available in 2003 through all other dealers in all USA Select colors (at least that was the plan before the Fender buy-out, so who knows if it's staying that way?)
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You mean Jackson makes guitars w/o Floyds?

[img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

thanx, toejam
        that's good news, well partly.
        guitarxpress sells,or sold, them for more than 1600 each. that seems to be higher than usa select pricing.
        do you have a guess how much it's gonna cost when it's widely available in 2003? if it is of course.

Comment

Oh yeah, I think it's supposed to be the normal USA Select pricing through all other dealers next year. The $1600 I thought was actually a pretty good deal since they were limited to only 30 pieces with gold hardware (10 chlorine, 10 kermit green, 10 rootbeer). I believe some of the green ones even had the Custom Shop logo on the headstocks. I think the hardware color may be changing for the new production ones, but I'm not too sure. I just vaguely remember the talk about it like a year ago.

Comment

Actually it was 20 of each color, all which had custom serial numbers ( My #4 is J8704-GX) with x/20 inked in gold on the back of the headstock, quilt maple tops and gold hardware. The first 22 made had custom shop logos, then Jackson decided it didn't want the CS logos on the rest. It was worth the extra $$$, IMO.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Oh, and yes, the SL2T will be available in standard colors... not like the SL2GX models...

Comment

Those green ones with the custom shop logo are the coolest. For some reason when I see the custom shop logo my heart skips a beat.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't have minded buying Chlorine #1 or #2. Call me superficial, but I would have bought #4, but it didn't have the logo... I wanted a matching pair of SL2GXs, and it wouldn't have been identical. If the green one didn't have the logo, I would have gotten #4 chlorine... go figure. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't forget about these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=931750631

A little different than the SL2GX, though, in that they're arch tops. GMW has a few different ones on their web site right now, too.

[ December 21, 2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: shreddermon ]

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
                      Actually it was 20 of each color.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the clarification. I kinda thought there was more but couldn't remember. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Anybody have a pic of one of the Kermit green ones?

Comment

yes,
                          pictures of green ones needed to drool over!
                          I have seen the root beer(good) and chlorine(better), waiting to see the green ones to be the best!
                          also, how do ya guys think about the 1555 price tag on the ebay slatqh?

Comment

this is the only pic I have of my SL2GX... Not a very good one.

]http://home.attbi.com/~bartelt1508/sl2gx.jpg[/img]

[ December 22, 2002, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: xenophobe ]

Comment

here are some pics i downloaded of GuitarXpress when he first had them advertised.

Hope these are of some help.

Comment

Working...
                              X