Pre-Fender USA Collectibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Fender USA Collectibility?

I can't seem to remember anyone selling a Jackson as Pre-Akai.

Matt

Re: Pre-Fender USA Collectibility?

GOOD POINT MATT! I doubt it. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Pre-Fender USA Collectibility?

Will a USA Jackson made prior to the Fender acquisition be more collectible, or is this hearsay?

Comment

I would say it is way too early to tell at this point in time.

Comment

As with many inital buyouts, there is always a lot of 'pimping' going on. To a true collector, no, to someone who doen't know better, sure. If the newer Jacksons suck because of Fender, then the pre-FMIC might be more sought after by a player and not a collector. But once the players eat up all these guitars then the collector will then set their sights on these. I don't expect the FMIC Jacksons will be any different, in quality, to the older ones.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

IF u want collectables 2 words SAN DIMAS. TRUE San Dimas made Jackson bolt ons serial# 1505& lower & neckthrus GREAT GUITARS & still very affordable. the quality & consistency is far superior IMO. also very limited probably 5000 or so serial#'d neckthus which by todays standards is nuthing.

Comment

Gosh Golly Gee, Wally, do ya think I could sell my San Dimas Jackson bass someday for 8 bajillion dollars if I run around like Chicken Little and spread rumors that Fender's gonna butcher up Jacksons, thus driving the demand up for these "Pre-Fender" Jacksons higher than even Pre-CBS Fenders?

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I hate those Ebay clowns putting "Pre-Fender" in their Jackson ads, just trying to induce paranoia, and then people have to come here to get the truth.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was actualy wondering the same thing myself, but got over it. I Love Fender guitars. I have owned several. The only problem with Fender around here is that they aren't Jacksons. Every guitar manufacturer has a crap line of guitars that are cheaply made so they can go out to the beginner for super cheap. Look at Jackson's JS20. They suck for an advanced player, but are totaly cool to a 12 year old kid. Same goes for Fender, the Mexican made Strat is not the greatest guitar in the world, but it has it's place among beginners and those who don't want to shell out an extra $500 for one extra fret, 2 point trem and ash or alder body. I know a Jackson dealer and I know a Fender dealer. The Jackson dealer is diehard Jackson and thinks Fender will screw Jackson. The Fender dealer says Fender will most likely not make them better, but at the very least make them the same way they have always been made.

Comment

USA Jackson quality was already on the decline before FMIC took over. It is possible that the guitars may get better....... ??? if Mike Shannon was brought back in with Pat McGary possibly. It's way too early to tell now. Hell, the best thing Fender could do would be to get Grover Jackson away from Ed Roman and put him back over the Custom Shop.

Luckily, Kevin Easton already had Fender covered for NAMM and 2003 models. It will be awhile before we see what Fender does to Jackson.

Comment

I think more collectable things may be the pre-Fenders in the just recnelty discontinued finishes, ala Blood Dip.

Comment

Agreed, but that was not a Fender decision. Fender could bring it back. I never understood why they dropped it - certainly every Blood Drip I've seen sold and sold fast.
                      Maybe they wanted to combine the Drip with the Splatter? Maybe they were too similar already?

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Two words: Cost Cutting

I just hope it doesn't happen to the Jackson line

Comment

"Cost cutting"? You mean they cut costs by dropping a graphic that sells really well?
                          [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Pre Fender Jacksons will go down in value. Send them all to me for a low price [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I think only time will tell. I have a US Jackson and a US Fender and they are both great guitars, I really can't see Fender making them any worse.There are some real bad "Jackson" guitars and some real bad "Fenders" out there, let's just hope the two don't mate!
                              www.kiddhavok.com
                              www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Working...
                              X