Jackson jt500 vs jt580lp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson jt500 vs jt580lp?

hey guys, I was thinking about getting the DXMG. It has the jt500 trem. Then I was also deciding about the RR3, KE3, or DKMG. They have jt580 trems. Which is better? And which strat shape jackson (Japanese) is best?

Re: Jackson jt500 vs jt580lp?

The JT500 is better built IMHO but the 580 is a good trem too. What's the best Japnese Strat shape? They're all good, just pick the one you like and buy it.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Ah I was just wondering, like why the DKMG is soo much more than the DXMG?? I thought it was because the 580 trem was better than the 500. I did notice that the 500trem was on like a cheap jackson model so i thought the 500 was inferior, kinda like the way a Licensed floyd is to a original. Is the DKMG made better than a DXMG or something why is it more expensive? Can you recomend me a Jackson guitar? I'm into Shred ala Jason becker so im into strat shapes and i was wondering outta the DK2 , DKMG and DXMG which would be the best because I want a solid guitar. I hear these are all japanese models.

Comment

I much prefer the 580LP....the 500 feels cheap...it was only used on Indian guitars but now they've moved all production minus the JS line to Japan and they use 580s on everything, including the DXMG...This change was made like over 2 years ago...

Comment

The 500 was only used on Indian guitars? What about all the Japanese "performer" series that had the JT500? They are pretty much like a Schaller, and I don't think they feel cheap at all. Or am I thinking about a different trem?
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

You're right. My PS4 has the JT500 trem. It looks almost identical to the Schaller. The only real difference visually is the fine tuners. I think the JT500 is a pretty good trem. The only real thing I dislike about them is the sloppy screw-in bar. It's not as good as the OFR or the Schaller for that matter, but for an import it's pretty solid. I have no experience with the JT580 however. The opinions I have seen about them have been mixed. Some seem to like them, some don't.

Back to the DXMG, I thought the trem on it was switched to the JT580 (like the DKMG) instead of the JT500. Could the one in question be an older one?

Also the DKMG has an archtop Dinky body instead of the flat body on the DXMG.

Chris
            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Ah I was just wondering, like why the DKMG is soo much more than the DXMG??

[/ QUOTE ]

Without going and digging up the specs for the DKMG (I'm lazy as sh!t right now [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) I believe the DKMG comes with a gain boost (did I say that right?) installed. That would explain the higher price. The DK2 is an excellent guitar, BTW.
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

whats the diff between dk2 and dxmg?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  whats the diff between dk2 and dxmg?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check these out to compare specs:

DK2 *take note that there are 3 versions of the DK2 listed

DXMG

Hope this helps! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Forgot about the Performer series actually! I don't like the JT500s because of the fine tuner location too...I prefer low profile trems...the JT500s I tried out on the old Indian X series guitars never seemed to return to zero properly...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I think the JT500 is a pretty good trem. The only real thing I dislike about them is the sloppy screw-in bar. It's not as good as the OFR or the Schaller for that matter, but for an import it's pretty solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, you can buy the OFR bar assembly for the JT-500 and it will be so much better than that sloppy one the 500 comes with! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Dk2 is generally HSS, and the DXMG is HH. Personally, I didn't much like the DK2, I thought the Ibanezes were as good. Jackson can do much better than that for not much more on price IMHO.

Comment

I'm considering an RR3, which has the jt580. I've played one at GC and liked the tuners being more out of the way than an OFR but it didn't have a bar in so I couldn't test tuning stability. How well does the 580 stay in tune?
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                          X