Any SL1 owners out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any SL1 owners out there?

Hey guys! Last week I thought I'd order a SL3. Well, I thought about it some more and decided that it was time to get serious and go for broke! Today I had my dealer order me an SL1 in Cherry Sunburst! He's checking with Fender tomorrow to see what the lead times are.

In fact, today was the first time I ever held a real US Jackson in my hands, and it's easy to see why they're #1!!!

Here's where I need help. I'm not sure if the color is what I want. The new site does NOT show any color examples anymore. I've scoured the net looking for good pics of Burnt Cherry Sunburst vs Cherry Sunburst, but there aren't many out there. From what I've seen, no two are alike, or even CLOSE in color. (Same for the Cherry Sunburst too!)

Can anyone who owns one in either color post a pic of it here? I've been going crazy trying to nail down the color, and I wish I had better pics to help me figure out if I should go with the Burnt Cherry, or Cherry Sunburst.
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Thanks!!

Re: Any SL1 owners out there?

I hope Matt doesn't mind, but he has some pics on his site. Cherry Sunburst

He probably has all the pictures you need at Matt @ OSG

Hope that helps.

Comment

Actualy, this is the Cherry Sunburst SL1 from his site I meant to put up. Sorry.

Cherry SL1

Comment

SWEEET! Thanks a million! I think I'll keep the order as it stands. It doesn't seem as though the Burnt Cherry Sunburst is that popular for some reason.

I'll be sure to post of pic of my new baby the day I get it!

Comment

Doug,

Why don't you just get one from Matt? He's probably got one in stock if he has pix up.

If not, I know at least one that's local to me, somewhere around $1250ish I think, new, case, etc etc.

Good luck!
          Pat

Comment

Thanks for the input Pat. Unfortunately, my local dealer already has my deposit thanks to my compulsiveness! At the same time, my dealer also gave me a killer deal on one for $1075 out the door! That's the best price I've seen anywhere!

The main catch to all this, is ( thanks to the Shake-up with Fender and the holiday rush) any order placed now will be lucky to arrive by June or July!!!!!!!!!

So here I wait........ patiently.................
            wondering if I can take it for 6....more....months......

someone shoot me....please.....

Comment

Dude, you got a super killer price on that SL1 [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Congrats, the wait will be worth it, I am still waiting on my SL2H in Black and it has been about 4 months [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I personally like the Burnt Cherry Sunburst better and prefer one of those. Then again, I already have an '87 Charvel Model 6 that is pretty much the same as the SL1, except it's Japanese made. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X