Neck angle for tunamatic bridges....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck angle for tunamatic bridges....

Anyone know what angle is required for tunamatics? I am looking to possibly convert an axe to string-thru...

Thanks,
    - Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Re: Neck angle for tunamatic bridges....

Isn't the bridge height for a TOM bridge adjustable? You might be able to cover the 2-4 degree range needed for the angles I've heard of so far. For example, it was passed onto me that the Shannons have a 4-degree angle, so I assumed all non-recessed trem and TOM guitars had 4 degrees. Then I read somewhere else about Les Pauls having 2 or 3 degrees...

Cool how you're converting a non-recessed trem guitar into a string-thru. I was considering converting a DK27 string-thru so that it'd be the first one in the world with a Floyd at one point... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Ohhh the Newcenstein insanity. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

You might have to recess the TOM a bit like the Roswell Pros.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

check out the way Carvin does it-a slight recess for the bridge-might be easier than messing witht he neck.

Comment

It's going to Lee (GMW) for the work, so he'll be able to do it right. The only thing was he thought the neck on the KV didn't have enough of an angle for the tunamatic...but it looks like I've got about 3-4 degrees of tilt on it. He said to "Just lay a tunomatic in front of the Kahler and take a straight edge and see if the bridge will work. If it clears in front of the Kahler, it will clear at the proper intonation point. Neck angle doesn't give you the entire picture since it depends on where the neck sits relative to the sides of the body."
          So I'll be trying that when I get home.

- Joel
          RIP Dime

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            check out the way Carvin does it-a slight recess for the bridge-might be easier than messing witht he neck.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, but Carvin just recently started doing that. My SC90 has a low-profile TOM because there's no tilt back on the neck. I think they did the recess because some people had problems with the adjustment wheels being all the way down and still not having a low enough action. Carvin's necks are straight and have no tilt on them.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah that was pretty much what Lee was talking about...since the Kahler's were designed as a Fender replacement bridge...so they're lower that the TOM's. But I checked on the KV and with the neck angle on it and because the Kahler had 2 spacer pads underneath it...it will be alright! Thanks for the help guys! She'll be off to GMW soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My first re-fin [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              Next the Warrior pro will be off for some paint

- Joel
              RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
              X