1 Meg Ohm CTS pots vs. 500K ohm's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Meg Ohm CTS pots vs. 500K ohm's

Anybody try the 1 Meg pots? I'm curious if there's anything I'm missing using 500K's. Plz post some thoughts or experiences...
    And where's the best place to buy CTS pots?

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Re: 1 Meg Ohm CTS pots vs. 500K ohm\'s

I can't comment on the sound difference, but I do use Angela instruments for pots. They are at www.angela.com.

BTW, if anyone has a need for 500K pots, I have some great NOS Stackpoles in stock made to fit through rear routed bodies and gave a split/solid shaft hybrid post. They were used heavily by Fender and Gibson along with CTS. I believe they got out of the pots business by the early 80's. These are surplus Guild stock from 1974.

Comment

Re: 1 Meg Ohm CTS pots vs. 500K ohm\'s

You're not really missing out on much, unless you have pick ups with extremely high output. The sound of a Seymour Duncan JB/Custom/'59/Full Shred wouldn't change very much at all. An Invader or PATB-2 would however. You'll get more output if you think that's a good thing, more high end (although not too much on the Invader), and more attack. The over the top X2N by DiMarzio would also sound incredible, I'd love to hear that.

Technically speaking it's quite obvious

Comment

Working...
      X