TO ALL US JACKSON OWNERS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO ALL US JACKSON OWNERS!!!

How often do you all tune your Floyd Rose equipped guitars?? How often do you use the trem??
    Just wanted to know...

Thanks

Re: TO ALL US JACKSON OWNERS!!!

For every 10 times I have to tune a non-Floyd equipped guitar, I will have to tune a Floyd Rose only once. Floyd Rose locking nuts should be on EVERY guitar made, even non-trem models...... just my opinion.

Comment

...unless they have sperzels. My two Charvel usa strats came with sperzels, along with my AT1 archtop - and all three stay in tune AMAZINGLY well.

Pete

Comment

I agree.

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I dont have to tune very often at all. I use the trem in moderation. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Once the Floyd id set up right you almost never have to tune it

Comment

I have Sperzels on a Carvin A/E and, IMHO, they seem to have little or no improvement over standard tuners.

My Floyds never go out of tune, unless the neck needs some minor adjustment due to changes in weather conditions, etc. Can't blame the Floyd for that.

Also, I'm with Greg on that. It would be killer to have a Floyd nut-equipped TOM guitar with fine tuners. I'd be all over that. Otherwise, I've been spoiled by Floyds' tuning stability and have a hard time justifying the purchase of anything else. Whatever you think of their feel or whatever, nothing matches the tuning stability of Floyds. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

And you could have such a bridge: Kahler's APM 3310 was a fixed bridge much like the Kahler Pro but it had fine tuners. So, if you locked it at the nut you could use the fine tuners and have impeccable tuning stability. I have a Carvin SC 90 owned by Raven Storm and he has locking Sperzels and a Floyd Rose nut! Imagine that, super locking!!! But, it's redundant. The advantage is that string ups and retuning are a breeze with those Sperzels.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Almost neve have to tune it..

Never use it though [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I must have bad luck with Floyds because my 2 floyd equipped guitars have flaws in the saddles that make some of the strings break way more often than usual and it pisses me off. Especially when you can never downtune with one without ****ing it up. The only way that doesn't happen is when the floyd isn't recessed, and I still have flawed saddles so I have to replace strings constantly.

I'm going fixed bridge from now on, I barely use the trem anyways.

Comment

Yes, my string-thru guitars need more tuning attention than do the Floyd Trem guitars. Just a little more required when you want to change tunings with the Floyds.....That's half the fun I think.

Comment

if the floyd is set up properly, you tune it once, lock down the nut, make some fine tuning adjustments, and shouldn't have to tune it again 'til you pop a string...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Well I tune em up fairly regularly just that where we practice is a warehouse and can be less climate controlled than my house. But sitting in my house man I haven't had to do anything but fine tuning adjustments on my Dime for 3 months at least if not longer
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I also love Sperzel tuners, I have them on my US Masters Legrande and it has a Vintage Trem and I use it alot, and it never goes out of tune once I streched the strings out in the beginning. Also, Schaller [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] makes a fixed/tunamatic bridge with fine tuners, they use to use them on some Gibson Explorers. Use that and a Floyd locking nut [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] and away you go into string tuning stability [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I agree with Greg, for every 9 or 10 times I tune my non-tremolo guitars, I will tune my Floyd equipped once and they all get equal playing time.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X