RR7 in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR7 in the works

Hey all a few of you may have seen me write about my RR7 project well it went south on me after letting a local guy here work on it, 150.00 later & alot of disapointment 2months with no results & alot of come get ie tomorrow , or it'll be done this weekend. I took matters into my own hands. this is what I got done in an hour & a half I routed the trem back & back plate, the cavity plate to the right size as provided a plte for it to be routed, again failure. The screw holes for both plates. The big project wich I have to thank JACKSON ! for again for posting what he did to his Fernandes V, I got rid of the top triangle plate that come on most Rhoads & filled the top with a blank, routeing out the bottom , with a new cavity Plate provided by BUDMAN as well as the trem plate & switch tip plate, & RR7 trus rod cover, aslo installed today. I will post pics tomorrow as I have to get to work right now. The blank I filled the top of the body with has been sanded fitted glued & the wood filler is in place & clamped down to dry. not bad for almost 2 hours of work.once everything dries, I'm gonna wet sand it down even out the blank, Then send it off to be air brushed. Unless I learn how to do that also [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] wish me luck Pics will be up tomorrow.
    According To The Prophecy

Re: RR7 in the works

Wow, interesting job. Can't wait for the pics. Only two hours and all that work?! I guess i'm real slow, then [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for the kind words and good luck on the project. I surely will come back to this thread to check your progress. I don't know much (anything) on the RR7. Is that a real model or your working title?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Hey it's an import that Jackson stopped makeing It's a Rhoads 7 string V, it was strung through the body now it has Floyd Rose on it it came with Duncan Design pups but I put EMG 707s in her.

Comment

Pics pics pics!!! [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">Very cool Chuk! Can't wait to see her when she's done and good luck on your project bro [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Sometimes Dave you just gotta take things into your own hands. I should Have done this from the begining, I'm also having alot of fun with it, while learning alot on refinishing. I might paint it myself also.

Comment

cant wait to see her [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

pics goddamnit !!!

Comment

Working...
                X