GuitarXpress Custom Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuitarXpress Custom Jackson

Hi. I'm contemplating getting one of the custom yellow Jacksons GuitarXpress is selling, but I've never played EMG pickups before. Any opinions or issues?

Re: GuitarXpress Custom Jackson

EMGs are all personal opinion, everyone thinks different of them. I use them (81) and i LOVE them. they are VERY sensitive and take some getting used to, they pick up everything, but the tone in my opinion is amazing. I put a pair of 81s in my strat, and i run that into a Mesa MkIV with a marshall 1936 cab, AMAZING TONE. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] thats just my opinion tho, i suggest you try them out before hand. what model emg is in the guitar your looking at? i have only played the 81s, and i played a 60 one time, but not long enough to say anything about.

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Count me as another fan of the EMG's. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

they sound even better when you block the trem [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't think you'll find any issues with one of these... I'd get one if I were currently able.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Personally I think they sound kick a@@! They do sound a little thinner than my JB but they have a razor sharp attack.

Comment

Another happy EMG81 user here. Although it's because Metallica & Slayer use em. I don't have much "other pup time" to compare them to...
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Another happy 81 user over here [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] great pups

Comment

Count me in as an EMG fan! EMG 81's, 85's and 89's all kick butt!

Comment

i was an EMG fan ive replaced them all with duncans. for metal they are great, for more classic rock tones & slightly overdriven sounds i dont think they sound as warm as passives. the 60 is a nice neck pickup but to me the duncan59, or alinco just cant be beat. BUT YES ITS ALL OPINION EMGs are great pickups & very VERY quiet. if u use alot of pedals or large rack & alot less interference from lights & TV & stuff

Comment

wonder if he'd do a RR1T like this [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
                        wonder if he'd do a RR1T like this [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Never hurts to ask ...
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I have a 1993 Jackson USA Soloist AT Custom with an EMG 81 in the bridge, this was my first EMG guitar and let me tell you the EMG 81 kicks major ass [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] It blows the doors off of the JB for metal, especially Speed Metal, I highly recommend the EMG 81 [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] at least, the other is a Gold lettered single EMG in the neck, I don`t know what that one is? Jack.

Comment

I have an EMG 81 in my Charvel Predator and I think it rips.Although I like Duncans better,I'm more of a passive pick-up fan,but I think you really can't go wrong with an EMG.
                            Gear
                            '88 Charvel Model 6
                            '90 Charvel 650 Custom
                            '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
                            '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
                            '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

Are they still available?
                              I thought most of them are sold.
                              [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X