Planet Waves locking tuners - no pin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planet Waves locking tuners - no pin?

I searched for this topic, but never found an answer to my specific question. Is there a pin on Planet Waves locking tuners that requires drilling, or are they direct replacements for stock Jackson tuners?
    sigpic

Re: Planet Waves locking tuners - no pin?

Which ones are you talking about man? If it's the kind that you use with that crazy strap that locks itself around the strap pin on the guitar, I'm pretty sure that they're direct replacement for normal strap pins.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Which ones are you talking about man? If it's the kind that you use with that crazy strap that locks itself around the strap pin on the guitar, I'm pretty sure that they're direct replacement for normal strap pins.

[/ QUOTE ]Willie, have you been drinking again? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] He asked about locking tuners, not strap locks. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      I'm also curious about the Planet Waves tuners. They seem similar to Sperzel or Schaller locking tuners, except they lock and cut the string off as you tune up. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I don't think there's a little pin like the Sperzels, but I'm not sure.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was going to get them, but I was talked out of it.

I went to my local store, they actually stopped carrying the tuners. Several of the guys working there had tried them, and they just didn't hold up very long. They didn't want to endorse a product that wouldn't perform, so they quit selling them.

Planet waves definately has some innovative designs, but its all for nothing when the build quality is poor/mediocre.

Your probably better off just getting Sperzels or Schaller, and just use the old pair of Wire cutters [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I don't much care about the string-clipping feature, but rather the no-drilling install.
          sigpic

Comment

Don't Sperzel Trim-loks cut the string and lock the tuner? Plus no plastic in 'em.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

oohhh damn. Those things then...dude I think you'd be better off with something else instead. People haven't been very happy with the Planet Waves locking tuners so far, and my tech hates them. He put them on an Epiphone I believe and he did have to ream the holes out some.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Well, I don't much care about the string-clipping feature, but rather the no-drilling install.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, sir, the problem isn't the string cutter in particular, its just that the whole thing isn't built as well as a Schaller or certainly a Sperzel.

Comment

Working...
                X