Kelly neck finish??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly neck finish??

I wonder what kind of neck finish the USA Jacksons have. I was considering to buy a KE-2 but then I searched for some on ebay and found out that they have painted necks! I want gloss oiled necks! They feel so much better.

So, does USA Jacksons come with gloss finished necks or what? Because if they don't I'm gonna have to start looking for something else...

Re: Kelly neck finish??

sorry brutha. custom shop order it will have to be for ya. it can be done. jsut not a stock option. good idea!

Comment

Ok... Thanx for the reply. Now how does the Jackson necks feel? You can still play fast, cant ya? I mean Mustaine, Friedman etc cant be wrong! They don't seem to be bothered by the painted necks...

Comment

... [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] and when you are ready to sell that custom kelly please contact me Sid!!!!

Comment

It doesn't affect your speed at all, just sometimes feels sticky when you sweat. No big deal though, still feels great.

Comment

what about the DK-1??? That doesn't have a painted neck.

Gareth

Comment

Some people prefer maple necks some actually prefer painted necks. You get used to it. And yes you can still play very very fast! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

My 1992 Kelly Custom is a Tung Oil Finsh and i love it but my 1889 King V and 1989 Soloist is Painted

i like the unfinshed feel but i also like the painted feel so go figure

Comment

All the bolt-on guitars do not have painted necks...

Comment

Working...
                  X