Dimarzio TDS-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio TDS-1

Anyone know about this? It looks a lot like an SDS-1 which I love the tone of. Anyone know what it sounds like? I sent Dimarzio an email asking what the sound was compared to the SDS-1 and their reply was "It is a high output strat pickup" then prceeded to tell me how to wire it. Big help that was. Maybe I should have asked how to wire it so they could tell me what it sounds like. I hate idiots! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Dimarzio TDS-1

have you tried harmony-central gear reviews?

Comment

Yeah. Nothing.

Comment

Wouldn't that just be a tele version of the SDS-1?

Comment

Maybe I should just buy it and see. I don't have a problem with having pickups lying around. Never know when they could be needed. Dimarzio told me it is basically a high output strat pickup with a tappable second sound which is brighter and lower output.

Comment

The SDS-1 is called Super Distortion Strat.
            The TDS-1 is Tapped Distrotion Strat.

Go for it! You have good taste in neck pickups... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

So have you heard what the two sound like? I'm wonderin' if the TDS is the same but with the tapped brighter sound as an option also. I haven't heard back from Chris yet if he still has the pickup.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I'm wonderin' if the TDS is the same but with the tapped brighter sound as an option also.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the way I understand it, but I'm going on old memory here, and as you can imagine...

Comment

I ran across that pickup by accident. I don't remember it. But, back then, I only liked stacked singles. I found it on Chris' site. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                  X