Making naked an EMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making naked an EMG

Is there a way to take the cover off an EMG without breaking it? In specific an H3.....

What's under there anyway? hehe

Thanks in advance for your help [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Making naked an EMG

Nope....it's encapsulated in epoxy. If you tried to break it out of it's casing, you could possibly damage the preamp.

Comment

The H3 is passive.... There is a preamp in it?? I see the epoxy, looks like I could clear it away with a razor.... But will it damage the board?

Comment

I have shaved down an 89 to fit in my 90 Namm bolted steel warrior, but I myself would like to know just how far you can go with it. as soon as i can find a 707(cheaply ,i might ad, or not working [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) i am going to cut all 4 corners off but leaving the mounting tabs so I can mount it in my Death Warrior, cause modding the body will NEVER happen! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] but i have to have my EMG's. I looked on the emg page and the pic...well..drawing anyway, shows that the corners are empty ...so.. I will find out just how empty [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Ron, why do you want to take it off?

I bought a couple of old EMG85's for my Rhoads Pro and sanded the top down on both of them, because they were badly worn from strings hitting them. I sanded quite a lot but never went through the plastic. The casing must be pretty thick i guess. The EMG logo dissappeared of course but the new satin look after sanding is pretty cool.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Got a pic?

Comment

I always wondered what and active EMG looks like under the cover. Anyone got a bad one that they want to disect?
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                as soon as i can find a 707(cheaply ,i might ad, or not working [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) i am going to cut all 4 corners off but leaving the mounting tabs so I can mount it in my Death Warrior, cause modding the body will NEVER happen! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] but i have to have my EMG's. I looked on the emg page and the pic...well..drawing anyway, shows that the corners are empty ...so.. I will find out just how empty [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 707s in my 7 strings sound awesome - you will not be disappointed by them in the DW. I have used 81s, 85s, 89s and the 707s. The 707s are the best sounding (to my ears) pickups EMG makes. They have the bite of the 81 and the warmth of the 85. If they made a 6-string 707, all of my 81s would get replaced.
                ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
                X