Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Floyd Rose???

Where can I buy OFR tremolo?
    There aren't any OFRs for sell in my country and I can't order it either because our music stores blow fat load. I know that www.warmoth.com and maybe Ed Roman are selling it internationally. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: Original Floyd Rose???

Oh and Easton is selling them too...
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

You could try Music 123 or Musicians Friend, but I think they are extremely limited to what can be shipped out of the country. Did you try ebay? That may also be a long shot too, because alot of people here in the states don't want to bother with the hassle of shipping to other countries. Good luck in your quest. If you find someone who will ship one, Buy as many as possible! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I found a OFR at MF for $135. It was a blem item. I couldn't find any thing wrong w/ it other than it had been oiled. I quess it was a returned item. All the parts were still in the plastic un-opened. I have also bought them on ebay. I have had one in particular that I have had 3 saddles break. I am thinking the were cheap replacement saddles. I have been using Floyds for over 20 years and never had this problem before
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

use the banner at the top of the page, he's got the best deals on OFR's i've ever seen.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Try Carvin... they've got cheap prices on Floyds. Also, from what someone else mentioned here one time, Ed Roman had Floyds for a little bit cheaper, but most people don't want to deal with that douchebag.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

dude,http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...fpart=1#306177
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Maliciousteve thanks for the offer, but I need a gold one.

Comment

Steward McDonald sells them at:

http://www.stewmac.com/

Comment

Or you can contact Chuck at KickaxeGuitars (JCF member)

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

JCF dealer Vwall is also an authorized Floyd Rose dealer if I am not mistaken. Lots of good choices here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

ENDRIK, NOP - Yea, check with Scott at www.vwallguitars.com. Scott has 'em and spare parts too. Like NOP said there are lots of choices here. They are available in Black, Chrome and Gold.
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Oops, forgot to add something. From what I've gathered so far, I believe new OFRs come with the non-recessed (42mm) block length. So, if you have a semi-recessed 37mm equipped guitar (ex- Wolfgang) or fully recessed 32mm equipped guitar (current Jacksons), then you should swap the sustain blocks around. Sometimes you can swap them successfully, sometimes you might not be able to. See this thread for more details:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...t314984#314383

Comment

Thanks guys.
                            I have a Jackson SL-3. It doesn't stay in tune when I play with whammy bar. I'm using 10-46 strings. I don't like 9's. So I was thinking to replace jackson floyd for a real one but I've heard that OFR is smaller than jackson floyd, so there will be a gap between OFR and body and also OFR nut is too deep. I have tried everything, but still it doesn't stay in tune. Now I started to change 10's for 9' string set. Maybe it helps (but I hate 9's). Also, string lock insert (G string) was kinda loose in the saddle so it came out too easly. Maybe it is broken, I don't know, I post a picture of it if I can. And can anyone explain me what is the sustain block(s).
                            Anyway what should I do???

Comment

If it won't stay in tune, you might have worn trem posts or knife edges. You can either replace those, or upgrade everything (except the locknut because that is unnecessary to replace) to the Original Floyd Rose system.

The sustain block is the long block that attaches the springs inside the tremolo cavity. There are different sustain block lengths depending on how your tremolo is sunken ino the guitar. Since you have an SL3, that means you have a fully-recessed trem and the block length is 37mm. That means that when you buy the Original Floyd Rose, the new block will be too long and you might be able to use the one from your SL3 on the new Floyd Rose.

Comment

Working...
                              X