• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome SL with FR Speedloader Bridge

Check out these cool pics that were on FloydRose.com

This new bridge is unbelievable! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Re: Awesome SL with FR Speedloader Bridge

Whoa... sure looks strange without the tuners! But it seems really interesting! Would like to try one of those Speedloader bridges!

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

looks weird but pretty cool imo. Gonna have to get used to it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Very weird. But I guess that's what they said years ago when Gibson introduced one of those 'electric' guitars. Just like their bridges, I'm sure it'll have to be tested and tweeked for awhile. Usually time is the greated test of all. I just wonder how they get the correct initinal tention on the strings before they use the fine tuners? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

joe...

[ December 02, 2002, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: GodWentPUNK ]
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

And this is a significant improvement how? It takes me roughly 10 minutes or so to change strings on an OFR. What's the big deal? Let's see: spend more $ on the trem and strings, to save that time. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Plus you get a very goofy looking axe in the bargain. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Trust me, in a couple of years, it'll be gone like the dodo bird. People will be like "what's a speed loader?"

Comment

That Jackson might as well not have a headstock and just meld into a Steinberger.

Long live tuning machines on a pointy head.

Comment

[img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Hrmmm... Interesting. I wonder if it balances ok without the weight of the Tuning Machines on the Headstock?

Comment

Somehow cool but on the other hand i guess i wouldn't buy it. It just looks wrong without the tuners on the headstock.

Flo
                  http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

It balances pretty well, actually. I'm not sold the least bit on those things. It took Reid about 2 hours to do the initial setup on the damn thing. You know how you do the basic tuning? Same way you INTONATE a norm OFR! You have to undo the damn saddle from the bridge, move it around, and redo it. Just to TUNE IT! The upside is that the strings are, supposedly, milled to exact specs to keep you from having to retune it every time you put new strings on. I don't know how well that works out though.

Comment

Interesting, but I'll stick to the Original Floyd Rose.

Comment

Wow, I saw the second pic first and thought the guitar wasnt' finished yet cause it had no tuners!!!!....Interesting, but it looks weird with no tuners on it.....if OFR's are cheaper, I'll stick with them, I've got time, and lots of it!!!

Comment

I think it looks kinda cool, now since I´ve gotten used to them, and if it were a huge performance-refinement from an OFR I´d look into trying one. Now, it´s pretty much "whatever" on my behalf.

Comment

Hope they don't start making guitars with that on it by default. Haven't heard that many great things about it that I'd want to even try it.

Comment

It looks plain wrong without tuning machines [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] I have an answer if I like the Speedloader: [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Speedloader Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X