Neck pickup for 750xl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pickup for 750xl

I'm thinking about swapping out the EMG's in my 750xl and I know I want to put a Distortion in the bridge. I've been back and forth about the neck pickup for months.

I want an ultra smooth, creamy sounding pickup for great shred lead tones. It has to have mounds of sustain. I've toyed with the idea of another Distortion and others have suggested a Pearly Gates, APH or a JB. Who has experience with these humbuckers in this or a similar guitar?

Re: Neck pickup for 750xl

I would suggest a SD 59. I never really found a neck pup I liked until I played a 59.

Comment

See, I've got 59's in the neck of my Hamer Artist Korina and in the neck of my Hamer Diablo. I find it works well in the Artist, but I don't care for it as much in the Diablo. I'm looking for something similar to the 59 in the Artist, but with quite a bit more output.

Comment

2 words: Air Norton (dimarzio). really great PU. creamy, medium high output. warm and supposed to sound really smooth in a mahogany/maple guitar

harrald

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          2 words: Air Norton (dimarzio). really great PU. creamy, medium high output. warm and supposed to sound really smooth in a mahogany/maple guitar

harrald

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say the same thing. Very open, responsive to your playing (picking attack). Warm clean ups and most importantly: It stays clear under high gain!

Comment

i use a dimarzio evolution neck in my soloist att pro, and i love the sound. very clear and when splitting the pu it really sounds like a single coil.
            or check out a dimarzio pafpro for neck, this works good too. a friend of mine put two PAFpro in his heritage les paul and it sounds damn good.

Comment

I put my money in for the SD '59.

Comment

I´ve had really good experiences with the JB at the neck. Very smooth, sings like a banshee, and split it´s as close to a single coil as a humbucker gets. Drawback is it can be muddy over the wrong amp and is too hot for most.

THe Distortion neck would also be a giod choice, or the Alnico2Pro. Interestingly enough, I always find the ´59 too boomy at the neck, and much prefer either the precision and clarity of the Jazz or the added warmth of an A2p or Seth Lover...

Comment

Working...
                X