Score...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score...

I scored a 1986 San Dimas Jackson Bass (exactly like the Charvel 3b) a week ago. Its red and in decent condition; its been played and has some buckle scratches on the back plus its had a fair amount of modifications done to it (Fender pickup installed, 1 Jackson pickup removed, the other one disconnected completely... The 'bridge' pickup doesn't look stock but the guy I bought it from insisted it was). I'll try to take some photos of it in the next few days. The only downside is that its Red. I'm not sure I'll keep it, I might pass the deal onto someone here on the JCF if they're interested.

Re: Score...

Im beginning to think they were all red, based on those that have shown up on Ebay.............

Comment

ROB, shoot me some pics, you know i'm interested! lol
      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Yeah, me too please! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yeah, congrats on the bass!

Comment

Okay... I gotta find my camera.. Pics are coming soon!

Comment

congrats!

Comment

<font color="aqua">Yes, congrats bro! By the way, thanks again for the 3b, I've wired up the preamp correctly and cleaned up the tuners and bridge and she plays great. I really appreciate the great deal my friend and can't wait to see pics of the Dimas! </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

dave, you got inearthed's 3b? i sold him a bridge for it. glad a cool bro got it! how bout some pics since rob never posted any! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] BTW, the pickguard turned out pretty good for the washburn but the jackson preamp was a tight fit. thanks again for the help bro! i owe you one!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    dave, you got inearthed's 3b? i sold him a bridge for it. glad a cool bro got it! how bout some pics since rob never posted any! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] BTW, the pickguard turned out pretty good for the washburn but the jackson preamp was a tight fit. thanks again for the help bro! i owe you one!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Yup, I stripped it and cleaned the fretboard, the whole 9 yards. I was also pleasantly surprised that the preamp worked (wasn't expecting it to at that price [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). I'll get some pics up soon, I have to wait for a decent day here, it's been raining for 3 days straight but looks like it's going to clear up soon.

I'm glad the stuff worked out for you bro, I'd love to see a pic of it.

Thanks again Rob! </font>
                    Dave ->

Comment

it's been crappy weather here too! i'll post some or send you some soon. what kind of finish are you going to do on it? btw, i've got some spare preamps if you ever need any. in case anyone is interested, doc has a nice s/d plated ontario bass on the bay now at a good price but i've spent too much on the scooter lately! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] bout forgot the link doc's bass [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">I'm sorry bro, I didn't mean I stripped the paint, I can't get into a project like that right now as I'm backed up out the wazoo, especially after just getting over this cold from he11! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                        Dave ->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          how bout some pics since rob never posted any! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft.... I hate taking pictures when its cloudy outside..! I have to take them inside and the guitars look all nasty / grungy / ugly. I will try to take some pictures this weekend but again I haven't been able to find my digicam since I've moved.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            in case anyone is interested, doc has a nice s/d plated ontario bass on the bay now at a good price but i've spent too much on the scooter lately! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] bout forgot the link doc's bass [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

bah, wish I had some cash right now. That's a mad price. I'd buy that in a second.

Although I don't know if Doc would want to ship to Australia again after the fun we had getting a Charvel preamp from there to here a while back. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                            X