Hmm, which one is the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, which one is the best

Seeing all these limited production soloists coming and going, I can't really say which one I like best. I think I just like them all... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Oh well. So with that said, which one do you guys like best- out of matt t.'s cherry sunburst soloist, or his chlorine soloist with emg's or the new SL2HB from guitarxpress, or any other limited production Jackson you can think of (and don't say JCF 01' rhoads sense everybody loves those things)

-the lizard

Re: Hmm, which one is the best

I vote for the Sl2HB form GX, that thing sais play Speed Metal all over it!! Jack.

Comment

For the old timers, whenever Jackson uses the concept of "Limited Edition" it really smacks of irony. You see, in the good old days every Jackson was a one of a kind, built to the customer's specifications. None were the same, and that was the beauty of the times. Then, in 1988 Jackson released the LTD '88, a fine guitar for sure, but they made near 500 of them!!! How is that limited?! (They did have minor, minor, I mean minor variances, but come on!) So what once was a true one off custom shop began to offer "limited edition" models. Jackson followed suit with the Charvel version but production was boosted to a whopping 1000 "limited edition" pieces! In 1989 there was a Charvel Strathead for the Japan only market, again produced in high numbers but a "limited edition" guitar! They did it yet again in 1991 with the Jackson Archtop Soloist Pro LTD '91. 200 of the same thing, wow, that's really limited, huh?! Back in the good old days there really was a limited production of guitars. I'm not knocking the concept, and I do understand what's going on, but give that some thought and you'll see where I'm coming from.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, my vote is also for the SL2HB "Road Hazard Soloist" from GX. It looks sweeeeet! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Too bad I can't afford another Soloist for ages! Well, my black SL2H will have to do, and I can assure you, I don't regret buying it! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Anders
        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Originally posted by Anders:
          Yeah, my vote is also for the SL2HB "Road Hazard Soloist" from GX. It looks sweeeeet! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Too bad I can't afford another Soloist for ages! Well, my black SL2H will have to do, and I can assure you, I don't regret buying it! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Anders
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Anders, where did you buy that soloist? Import or did you pay $3000 for it in Sweden? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Monk: I was thinking about importing a Soloist first, but I changed my mind due to taxes, freight costs and that stuff. I calculated that the total cost of me buying one over the internet would be somewhere around 18000 SKr.

So I bought one through a relative in Sweden who runs a music store. At least I got it a little bit cheaper than the list price (28750 SKr), I had to pay 23900. It's alot of money, but I didn't have to worry about it breaking in the luggage room of an air plane. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I had to use all the money I had from my summer work, my savings plus I had to sell my old Jackson Fusion. But still, in a strange kind of way, I feel that it was worth it! Probably because it's such an amazing guitar!

(Jag tog alltihop på engelska för att inte göra snubbarna här tjuriga. Hehe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Anders
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
            X