Air Brushung tips or know how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Brushung tips or know how?

I used the search function & found no results anybody got any suggestions or some know how to pass on would be great.
    Any type of instuctional stuff you might suggest would also be helpfull thanks in advance. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    According To The Prophecy

Re: Air Brushung tips or know how?

Well, have more than one airbrush available with different sized tips. Its a pain in the ass to have to change tips for different jobs.

The good thing about air brushing is that it is a little hard to screw up. Oh, you can screw it up ,but, a lot of times, you can touch up on the mistake and it is never noticed.

I recomend a larger compressor that what they sell for airbrushes. I hate listening to that damned little pump running all the time. Something in at least a 2 1/2 gallon is preferred, just make sure you have a regulator and a water catcher on it.

Those cheap plastic coiled lines generally are pretty shitty if you use it often, try and find a nylon braided line. For ease of use, I attach the line to my belt with some slack so I do not have this constant tugging on the brush.

Other than that, the best advice I can give , is, to learn how to paint with good detail, by some coloring books ( I always liked to use Garfield coloring books for some reason) and transfer the picture to a piece of light colored plywood or fiber board and practice outlining, color filling and those very small detail pieces.-Lou Picasso
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

It would figure Satan would awnser me . J/K Lou thanks for the info & tips.

Comment

If you don't have your airbrush yet go with an Aztek airbrush (made by testers). I have four of them, and they are by far the best brush going. The kit comes with all the tips, and they just screw off so you can change colors,and tips in just seconds. The cost is about $150 for the all metal one, but it's the only one you will ever have to buy.

Comment

I'm not an airbrush pro but I have messed with them a little, so I can add to make sure you get a dual action. The single action is just like an on or off switch. The dual action gives you total control over the spray pattern and color density.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Hey Roy I went looking around today for the kit , I had no luck any idea where i might find one?

Comment

Check out micromark.com They have the best price, and service plus all the cool extras for it.

Comment

Drake - www.projectguitar.com has tons of info on painting and airbrushing, but be forewarned the main guy that writes the articles about that stuff is gung-ho for high-end pro paint gear, and slams the "affordable" stuff.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

@ Newc:
                  Yeah, Jeremy seems quite thorough and perfectionist about it. I like him.

@ Chuk:
                  You might want to check this link out.
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Thanks guys I was there the other day looking at the Leviathan guitar on there. Thanks for the link Jackson 1 That helped out alot, I saw a familiar name there aswell Budman! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X