Chrome!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome!!!

Decided to try out the "chrome" look on my "true" SD strat. I think I like it! Question though: Where the @$#*^)( can you get chrome pole peices (hard to tell in the pic, but the bridge humbucker is a J90-C with (somewhat faded) black pole peices).

Another (unrelated) question: How the !*#&()% do I mark a board as "all read"?!?!?

Re: Chrome!!!

That looks sweet Bert, remember "there is no such thing as too much chrome" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It looks pretty good. Remember, "Chrome wont get ya home".
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I thought you already had a lot of chrome on her anyway, Bert? Looks good on that finish. Very nice [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Actually, most pickups come with chrome pole pieces. The Jacksons were the oddballs, in black. Any Seymour Duncan will have the chrome pole pieces. DiMarzios will too, (about 50/50 - chrome/black)but they typically use those allen screws.

Comment

Very cool!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

All Parts has those Chromies...

Nice dude!

Pat

Comment

Thanks for the tip Pat. Indeed I see them on the AllParts website.. now to find a dealer that stocks them!

VitG: Before only the neck pickup and mini-toggle were chrome (those were the only "non-stock" components). I just changed the Kahler, knobs, pickup rings to chrome and added the chrome cover to the J90C pickup (which didn't really seem to affect the tone, BTW). Tuners and locking nut are still black, and will probably stay that way as chrome tuners look kinda "cheap" to me for some reason...

I will always keep the original parts of course in case I want to restore it.

[ December 02, 2002, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Bert ]

Comment

Working...
                X