Neck question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck question

Hi everybody! I was just wonderning if a DK2 Dinky 24 fret neck would fit on that : http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies...?fuseaction=v2 ? Does someone has the specs of that Dinky neck ( pocket depth, width etc.)? Thanks a lot!

Re: Neck question

Judging by the picture posted there, I think it's only compatible with Strat 21/22 fret necks and Warmoth 21/22 fret necks. HOWEVER, you can buy Warmoth's 24-fret extension fretboard neck (also on their website somewhere under NECKS) that will fit that for sure. But, you will sacrifice the neck pickup.

I think I recently saw a fellow JCFer use a Jackson 22-fret neck on a Warmoth V2 body. I am pretty sure it was a 22-fret neck and not a 24-fret neck.

Comment

Yeah I know about those jackson style necks but there are really expensive. If I sacrifice the neck pickup a 24 fret Jackson would fit no? ( If a 22 does)

Comment

The sacrifice is a MUST for that body, given that it's a Strat-routed pocket.

You can do one of two things:

1.) Buy the Warmoth 24-fret extension neck, but you said that was expensive

or

2.) Buy a 24-fret DK2 neck and pay the cost of PRECISELY routing out the neck pocket so that the 24-fret DK2 neck can fit in there and intonate correctly, unless you have the tools and know-how to do it yourself.

Decisions, decisions! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] With choice 1, only the fretboard will overhang and cover the neck pickup route. With choice 2, the WHOLE NECK is being impaled into the body and the maple neck itself will cover the neck pickup route.

Given a choice, I'd do choice 1. Less work for me, and I'd get the same results (one-hum 24-fret Rhoads, Alexi-style if that was your inspiration for this concoction). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] And, you know that Warmoth's parts are superb quality, USA manufactured. My brother is receiving a whole bass made of Warmoth parts... I can't wait to see them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for this detailed answer! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I think you are right and, even if Warmoth necks are expensives I won't have any problems. Alexi , you said? [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X