X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this Kelly?

Isn't this a custom kelly.

http://www.splawnguitars.com/images/jackke2blkfrt.jpg

The guy at Splawn guitars says it's a 99 KE2, but they didn't make a trans black KE2 with black hardware and one humbucker, did they?

The serial # is U05036 and he wants $750 for it including OHSC.
    I'm currently trying to scrape up some money to buy a USA Jackson.
    Is this a good deal?

Re: Check out this Kelly?

A KE-2 would have two pickups. That seems to be a custom KE-1. That's a super great price for that guitar!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The thing is that the guy says it's not a custom. But there aren't any standard production kellys looking like this, is there??
      Maybe it's some sort of scam.
      Does anybody have good experiences with Splawn guitars?
      Anyway, by looking at the serial # it seems to be a 97 standard neck-through.
      Something's wrong here.

Comment

looks like they just put an emg into one of those ke-1's they made for musicians friend with floyd roses.

Comment

They did make a KE-1F (Floyd Rose) as a select series guitar. I am not sure the color of hardware they were using though, I have only seen solid colored ones with black hardware.

Also, according to the SN chart it is a 97.

[ November 26, 2002, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: KV_X ]

Comment

don't the "U" as the 1 st digit in the serial number mean prototype ? //Steve

Comment

Isn't there one of these in the archives?
              Thought I saw one there.
              Gil

Comment

I know the Musician's Friend models had the Floyd and gold hardware, but I remember there were some also made with black hardware. I believe a board member also has one. I thought the bodies were just plain black and didn't have any quilted or flamed tops. It's possible it could be a prototype like Steve says.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If we had that MIP up... anyways. Kevin put a comment on the MIP that said some of the KE1's were made with a floyd and something about KE1F. I can't remember the verbage exactly as it was written but I remember because I almost bought one a few months ago. It was a solid color with black hardware.

Steve, the "U" serial number is select series numbering scheme.
                  Serial Numbers

Comment

The point is that guitar is some nice eye candy.

Comment

Wrong.....the point is for $750 that's a badass guitar.....the flame is really sweet....only thing I don't like is the one pickup deal..but other than that...a good score if in mint condition...

Comment

$750 for that? Why so cheap? Did you find out any other info about it?

Comment

He said the headstock only said "made in USA". Wouldn't any KE1 have the Marty signature?
                          I don't think it's that cheap if it in fact is a 97, but I sense there's something wrong here. I'll have to send him another e-mail.
                          He also said he didn't have any other pix of it.

Comment

That's a sweet Kelly. I would pay $750 for that.... hmmmm [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

If it is in mint condition, $750 w/case is a damn good price for it, and also the fact its a quilt not just a solid color. When I said cheap, I meant cheap coming from a dealer (if that explains anything). I've found they like to mark things up. Something does seem weird with the whole serial number issue. I would think it would have the signature if it is a KE-1.

Comment

Working...
                              X