Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JE-1000 Gan Boost Installation question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JE-1000 Gan Boost Installation question...

Hello. I'm hoping to pick the brains of one or more of you guys here...
    I recently aquired a JE-1000 and a JE-1500 circuit for a really good price and I have a question.

The JE-1000 that I am wanting to install in a Strat has only the volume control on the PC board along with a DPDT as the Gain boost on/off. The diagram shows that a 50K audio taper pot can be added as a tone control. I need to know if I can use a regular 250K or 500K or possibly a 25K from an EMG, as I don't have any 50K units here, and I don't want to leave a nice big hole in my guitar. Any info would be great! Thank you in advance!

I'll note also that I am willing to turn the Jackson Electronics User's Manual into a PDF if anyone is interested. I don't know hw rare these are...

Cheers!

Re: JE-1000 Gan Boost Installation question...

I haven't done this myself, but I am getting ready to install a JE-1200. I don't know if this link is going to help or not.

JE-1000

JE-1500

Hope this helps, but it sounds like you might already have this info. Good luck.
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Let me get this straight.....you're saying that either you will use one of the "incorrect" pots you already have, or leave a hole in there? That's the only two choices? So, buying the new 50K pot for $2.99 is totally out of the question huh? ....but you ARE willing to take the time to send everyone a PDF of the Jackson manual? Hell, I'll take a copy...you pay shipping, right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

You can email me some of those PDF files. I think it is a great idea.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
        X