Home Wireing Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Wireing Question?

Will the fact that my home has no ground curcuit effect the way my amp sounds, and / or will it hurt my amp?????

My home is 35 or 40 years old and has only 2 wire romex running thru it. All the outlets are only 2 prong.

Is there an easy fix for this? Short of rewireing the house?

Re: Home Wireing Question?

i believe you need one of those adaptors that have the little green wire that attaches to the screw plate on your outlet.

Comment

Yes
      I have to use the adapter in order to plug in but in effect there is still no ground circuit. Its only grounded to the outlet and the outlet is not grounded

Comment

Short of rewiring your whole house you can actually have a single oulet wired to ground and it's not extremely expensive to do. I'd at least do that to any outlets that you plan on hooking up any electronics to. Otherwise it's only a shock hazzard.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I agree. It wouldn't cost much to wire a couple outlets. I don't like using a ground lift.

Comment

I may give that a try, I know an electrician and maybe he can hook me up. I thought about running a ground to the cold water pipe under the house and the driving in a ground rod and tieing to that. The crawl space under the house is really narrow and it will not be easy. Maybe I can just run individual grounds for the outlets that need it????

Comment

There is a greater danger of the amp hurting YOU than itself.

Comment

Don't do it through the pipe. Just in case. I'm thinking of attaching the ground outlet wire literally to the ground outside my house. Is it a wise idea?

Comment

In new home construction around here the ground is run back to the panel and then an 8ft ground rod is driven into the ground and a #4 copper wire is used to tie to the panel & if needed due to panel placement in the house copper water pipes are used to facilitate this.

Comment

Working...
                  X