JT6 intonation screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT6 intonation screws

Just noticed while setting up my new mutt that the intonation screw which holds the saddle down on the high e string is stripped out. Anyone know what size these are? Are they the same size as an OFR's ? If not, where can i find one-I also need the little nut from underneath. Thanks guys!

Re: JT6 intonation screws

I don't suppose as though you have a camera badass enough to shoot some real close, clear pictures of the nut and screw?
    'Cause I'm pretty sure I have what you need.

Comment

if chuck cant help you,... gimme a shout I have tons of jt-6 stuff.... john

Comment

I havea camera that is just plain bad and takes pics that look like ass. basically, it is a small black hex-head screw like the ones that lock down floyd nut clamps, but a little smaller, and there is a small black nut that fits in a groove underneath the bridge plate (instead of the plate being tapped like on a real floyd). I'd actually like to find out if anyone knows the thread size, cuz I'm pretty sure LOWE's would have them.

Peed-have any black JT-6 bars? I could use a set of posts too. let me know-I'm in a buying mood!

Comment

I dont have any trem arms left for that bridge , but I do have the bushings for the arm.....no posts either ,good luck those are a pain in the a$$ to find and they usually dont include the little washer thats supposed to mount on the shaft to hide the bushing .....I mainly have the "t" blocks, intonation screws and washers,fine tuners, plastic bushings for the fine tuners....I am not sure what qtys I have , but I have a bag full of that stuff...sold all my nos saddles not too long ago , not a very big call for those parts these days, guys usually swap them out for a floyd.... john

Comment

<font color="aqua">Here are a couple of pics, it's the longer part that Andy(etaeniura)needs. I'd give you some Andy but these are junk bro. I honestly don't think you'll find these at Lowe's but if you do look, it's a metric thread (I forgot what thread it is! [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]). I'll take it to work tomorrow and find out for you.

Nice hair in the pic huh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]</font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

White pubic hair on a JT-6 locking bolt?!

Dave, i don't wanna know... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                White pubic hair on a JT-6 locking bolt?!

Dave, i don't wanna know... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I believe that's gray...... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

seriously, it's from my t shirt [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
                Dave ->

Comment

Just for the fun of it... i recently found bolts locally that fits the JT-6 just perfect. They have a smaller sized Allen head but are made of much stronger metal, so i think they will work well. Haven't got my caliper right now, so i can't check the thread size.

Nice hair in the last pic, huh? Are the original JT-6 parts static or something? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Budman, I appreciate the pics, but what I actually need are the little hex head screws that clamp the saddle down to the bridge plate-the ones you loosen to move the saddle back and forth to set the intonation. I also need the little nut underneath that they screw into. I figured these would be a PITA to find

FIne photos, by the way-you guys have some awesome cams!

Peed-I'll let you know if I can't find them locally. I guess I could just take it off and head tot he hardware store to match it up....I'll probably end up losing it anyway! Thanks gentlemen!

Comment

I think Budman makes JT-6 arms. Don't you do that now Dave?

His site is here.

Comment

I saw that on his site-can't decide whether I want brass or SS though. I'm feeling pretty good about this mutt so far, but I need a trem arm, the above mentioned screws, a pup ring, and the electronics-switches, pots, a jack, and a bridge HB. This whole project came together so fast it is making my head spin! Give me some opinion-creme pup ring, zebra HB, creme knobs on the dark metallic red mod 4 body? It has a combo of black and chrome hardware so far (black trem, chrome tuners and nut). I have black J-200's for the neck and mid slots or was thinking of some hot rails or similat in creme or zebra. I'm very bad at making decisions about this kind of stuff!

Comment

<font color="aqua">My opinion:

Black ring on the red body with zebra pup with black knobs. If it was an amberburst or a trans color I would suggest the cream. As for the bar, you want the stainless bar polished out to chrome. Keep the J200's unless of course you don't like the sound of them. </font>
                          Dave ->

Comment

I was going to keep the J-200's, but I already have a stock model 4 and want to go for something a little different.I also don't want to bother with the mid boost-I like my model 4 without it much better. I haven't decided if I want to go with high output pups for a metal type tone, or go for a more vintage vibe. Decisions, decisions. I should be emailing you about those parts in the next few days, budman!

Comment

Working...
                            X