Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing machineheads

Hi guys,

I'm replacing all the chrome hardware on my KV4 with black hardware... Does anyone know what machineheads are a direct replacement?

The Gotoh Schaller-style ones on StewMac look close but I'm in work so I'm trying to do it from memory, which ain't a good idea! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    Steve.

Re: Replacing machineheads

I just did the same on my own KV4. I actually got it with no hardware on it whatsoever, and put on whatever I had lying around. It just turned out that I had a set of chrome Charvel tuners collecting dust, so I put those on temporarily. I just got a set of black Jackson tuners off ebay for $25. They are actually Gotohs.

Here's a set:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

If you don't get Jackson logo'd tuners, at least make sure the screw lugs are 45 degree.

By the way, what color is your KV4?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Cheers, Zeegler, much appreciated!

My KV4 is platinum... the chrome hardware on it makes it look kinda cheap, I always thought, although I do get a lot of compliments when I use it live, but mostly from chicks - women love their shiny things, heh heh!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have a spare lo-pro floyd lying around so I thought I'd drop it in, swap the tuners and knobs and see what it looks like. If it looks like balls, at least I'll have some more spare stuff... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cheers,
      Steve.

Comment

I'm sure it will look much better. Mine does, and I'm not even finished yet. I still have to replace the Floyd with a newer one. The one on it is decent, but looks scruffy. I'm gonna buy a new/good condition Schaller Floyd. I already installed a new locking nut, and new knobs. Now I'm waiting for a black jack plate, and a black toggle switch.

I don't like the look of chrome hardware except on certain guitars.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

D'oh!! Ordered a bunch of stuff off StewMac last night and forgot about the jackplate!!! Oh well, I'll see if I can find one locally here in N.Ireland - not paying another $22 shipping just for that!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, chrome looks good on trans finishes (although I don't like trans finishes!) but on a guitar that is already essentially silver, it kinda looks gawdy...

I'll post some comparison pics of the before and after when I get it done, in case anyone else is thinking of making the swap...

Cheers,
          Steve.

Comment

Working...
          X