Blue Steels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Steels??

To go along with the other strings topic, I've got a question for you Blue Steel users...the tech at work says that they wear down the fretwire faster than other strings do, but I have friends in bands who swear by them and don't notice any more fretwear than with normal strings. What do you guys say?

Re: Blue Steels??

I think your tech at work is right. I used Blue Steels a while ago on my Washburn N4 and had noticable more fretware during this time. But I think it also depends on the fret material.

Comment

Since the strings are pure stainless steel, they will wear down the strings faster than nickel-plated steel strings. I used them a few times quite awhile ago, as well as GHS Super Steels, and noticed they were a little brighter sounding and didn't care for them as much. I didn't use them a whole lot to notice any fret wear, but that's what I've heard.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yep. what joe said! the work around is to get stainless steel frets, too! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah, stainless steel frets would definitely kick ass! I've been thinking of eventually ordering a Carvin 7-string, and they offer stainless frets now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That reminds me a few months ago I got 3 sets of blue steels free in the mail I didn't order them and I didn't recognize the return address (could hardly read it postmarked Ohio I think)Strange, they were even the right gauge nice strings I like the brighter sound myself.

Comment

Working...
            X