changing p'ups on my DKMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing p'ups on my DKMG

hello everyone, just wanted to know how i would go about installing invaders or evo's in my jackson DKMG...i wouldnt be posting if it werent for that damn emg turbocharger built into it!!! any1 changed pickups on a DKMG????

Re: changing p\'ups on my DKMG

I'm not a Jackson guy-are those active EMG's or the passive HZ ones? If they are the passive ones, the turbocharger will probably work with any passive pups. If they are the active ones, you will have to wait for someone else to reply.

Comment

They are passive. I would ditch the turbocharger altogether if you are putting high quality p/u in - you just won't need it with them.

Comment

any suggestions for "high quality" p'ups??

Comment

EMG's rocks in that thing! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I'm not a Jackson guy-are those active EMG's or the passive HZ ones? If they are the passive ones, the turbocharger will probably work with any passive pups. If they are the active ones, you will have to wait for someone else to reply.

[/ QUOTE ] Is the Tubo Charger an EMG product? If so what is the model number. I couldn't find it.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

yeah it is supposedly an EMG product. dont know the model# though, but its basically a small preamp inside the guitar thats activated via a push-pull knob...its supposed to add 20dB gain. still, any suggestion for good p'ups...other than EMG's ????

Comment

Just my opinion....

I kinda like the EMGHZ's that are stock in that.... If your getting weak sound, I had the same problem. It's not the pups. I took the turbo charge out and rewired mine and the thing screams.

Amazingly, it sounds a lot better without the turbo charger.

If your just looking for a pup change because you don't like the EMG HZ3's Check out SD JB's. Those are really good for passive pups.

If you want to go cheap, check out the SD Detonators, those are pretty good for the price.

Comment

Oh yeah, The detonators are the MIJ version of the invader.

Comment

i suggest the APC persuader lead. you have to order them direct and there phone # is located on their website
                    www.adderplus.com

simply the best pickups you'll ever hear.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Dimarzio Super 3 if you can find one. Definitely a screamer...like your sister.

Comment

Working...
                      X