Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flame VS curly maple - an informative video!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame VS curly maple - an informative video!!!

Apparently there's more than just flame and curly... there's SAUSAGE and some other type! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Here's a cool video I came across on the Acoustic Guitar Forum where Bob Taylor talks in detail about the beautiful maple used in Taylor guitars.

www.taylorguitars.com/video/factory-friday-01.aspx?

Enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Flame VS curly maple - an informative video!!!

Very informative video. I enjoyed that!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Man, did that guy have some serious wood! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

He almost had a Mr. Rogers characteristic, too..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He must be getting good at that... Bob really likes to appear in Taylor's videos. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought he explained it very well, and the video was very descriptive. Make jokes if you want, but I'd imagine that 90% of the JCF didn't understand anything about the subject until they saw that video.

Comment

I only knew that the figuring in the maple was a genetic thing... everything else was pretty much new (and VERY interesting) to me. I had no idea you could get curly or flame depending on whether you flatsaw or quartersaw the maple. THAT is very cool. :headband: Saddest part was learning that nice maple like that is only 1% of the population... we should treasure our figured maple guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, and then out of that 1% they break it down into AA, AAA, AAAA, AAAAA grades!!! Kinda gives ya a new appreciation for maple huh!

Comment

mmmmmm sausage!

Comment

Thanks for that link. Always great to learn something new.

Comment

cool, I was not aware it was THAT rare [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. nice piece of education

Harald

Comment

Working...
                      X