No announcement yet.

software for converting midi to audio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software for converting midi to audio?

hey fellas, I'm a little stuck on my mixing here. I need to convert my midi drum track to an audio track so that I can normalize it along with my other tracks...I tried just looping my soundcard input/output to do a simultaneous playback of the midi track whilst recording it to a new audio track.
    This should have worked, but it didn't! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    Anyhow, your help appreciated.

Re: software for converting midi to audio?

i've searched and everything costs money. what you can do is get a double sided cable (just like the ones that go into your sound card) take one to the sound and the other to the line in. hit the record button and hit the play button for the midi. this will record whats coming from the sound card to the line in of the sound card and will record it.

Comment

You can send me the midi file and i can convert it for you and send it over.

Hope it helps.

Rodrigo.
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Oh, i forgot to ask. What sequencing software are you using?
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I used to have a program called MID2WAV, and it was free, but it didn't capture all the drum hits. It would play in time, but it would miss some of the pieces of the drumkit. I never figured out why...

Comment

Well my friend I used Cool Edit 2000, and Cool Edit Pro. They're not free but, I used a trial version. Sadly that programs aren't online any more... If you PM me I can help you out with that...

Comment

use timidity in unix.

for mac i don't know, but for windowz, looks like you're stuck in shareware-crippleware-land...... unless timidity (or similar) is somehow available for win/dos. if so, you probably won't have any graphic interface for it, just command line.
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

rondrigo: dude, don't you have a shell account on my server? (: (:

how are Francisca, Daniela & everyone?????
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Michael, what you're suggesting is what I tried...I probably explained it a bit awkwardly. I get the drums to sound on the recorded audio track, but it sounds weird, like if you added reverb to it or something. I suspect it has something do with monitoring, not sure how I have to set up the software mixer to get rid of the "double-sound" (in lack of a better term)

Comment

Hmmm. I use GuitarPro 3 for my MIDI stuff and when I want to record the MIDI track(s) as a Wave file, I just open CoolEdit, hit Record, then hit Play in GuitarPro. Comes out just fine. No looping cables needed.

Try it if you're using separate MIDI and Wave editors. Heck, try it even if ya' ain't [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Make sure your sound card is set to full duplex, though I'm sure it is and you knew that already [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X