Truss rod nut size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss rod nut size

What size is the nut on the truss rod for USA Jacksons? If it matters, the guitar I'm asking about is from the late '80's and is a bolt-on neck.

I tried to find the info using the search function, but I couldn't find it. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Re: Truss rod nut size

Anybody?

Comment

<font color="yellow">For USA Jackson's, it should be 1/4", not the 5/16" used by Gibson etc. </font>

Comment

Thank you for the response. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I wanted to see what size wrench I might need to buy later this morning.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Hey, if you have a sick Jackson, and you're in the greater Denver area, stop in or call Doc (Steve Dryer).

He should have on hand what you need, or he'll probably help you out gratis.

His website is www.docsguitars.com.....

He's a great guy and has a lot of knowledge built up. </font>

Comment

I actually having been thinking about contacting Doc and seeing about maybe getting together with him and having him do a setup on this particular guitar. I'm hoping that he'd let me sort of watch over his shoulder so that I could learn a few tricks. But today, I'm hoping to replace the saddles on Schaller/Floyd and hopefully tweak the truss rod a bit.

Thanks for the feedback on Doc. It seems like he's got a great rep for his work. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet him.

Comment

Working...
            X