Floyd Springs Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Springs Question

I notice in picitures of trem cavities, a lot of people using 3 springs have the two outer springs hooked in at a diagonal/inward angle. When I switched from 4 to 3 springs on my pc1, I just hooked the outer springs on parallel to the middle spring on the outer edges. Is there any reason for me to be doing it differently? Is the diagonal setup just to increase tension to avoid having to screw in thingies more?

Re: Floyd Springs Question

It looks cooler if you angle the outer springs
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

It looks cool and it protects your thingies. Honestly, I haven't noticed a differnce either way. I only use two springs in my Floyd anyway. I don't like to screw with my thingies.

Comment

in order ofincreasing tension:

3 springs, all parallel ---> 3 springs, outer ones angled ---> 4 springs, all parallel

Comment

Stop being a wuss and just use five springs and forget about it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I double 'em up and use ten! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

LOL Good idea! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I meant spring claw. Thanks for the info, I'll just leave it as is.

Comment

Yeah, with the advice you're getting around here I'd just leave it alone and call it good
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                  X