Granite Dinky has Arrived!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granite Dinky has Arrived!!!

I was sitting around on the ol' computer when I heard a knock on my door. I looked out my window, and to my suprise it was a UPS truck! So I'm coming downstairs like a 4 year old on Christmas morning, grab a knife, and open the box that was PACKED FOR WAR!!!! Lo' and Behold, a DINKY!!! Then I saw something else... THE TREM BAR!!! I couldn't believe it came with it... usually they don't! LOL!!

Upon close inspection I found that the guitar is in INCREDIBLY CLEAN condition!!!!!! Almost PRISTINE on the body with the except of 2 half a dime(if even that) sized dings 3 or 4 inches from the back strap pin, and they were both extremley close to each other. Very SLIGHT dents(and I mean TINY) in 2 places on the headstock, but other than that, it was FLAWLESS! The what looks like, JT-580 trem on it looked like brand new, so did the neck.

The previous owner had swapped out the pickups in the guitar, and I don't know what they are, but they sound like Seymour Duncans, I haven't opened it up to look yet, but I will at another time.. next string change I guess.

Well, I ran it up stairs, tuned it up(Mike had detuned it completley before shipping), set the action and VOILA! An INCREDIBLE playing guitar with a EXTREMLEY COOL finish!!

Here are the badly lighted, bad angled pics!!!

Re: Granite Dinky has Arrived!!!

very nice word...maybe soon you'll end up moving to one of the cracked granite soloists...the finish on these guitars are extrememly durable...congrats...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Sweet!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
        [QB]So I'm coming downstairs like a 4 year old on Christmas morning, grab a knife, and open the box that was PACKED FOR WAR!!!!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wasn't that like just a few years ago dude?? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry, couldn't help it...great score...don't you have another one coming soon too? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Vic

Comment

Sweet! Congrats on the new axe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Word:
            [QB]So I'm coming downstairs like a 4 year old on Christmas morning, grab a knife, and open the box that was PACKED FOR WAR!!!!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wasn't that like just a few years ago dude?? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry, couldn't help it...great score...don't you have another one coming soon too? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Vic
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yes, I'm selling him a Candy Apple Green Dinky Reverse (with sharkfins), sending it out some time this week. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool....the guitar collecting virus seems to have assimilated itself into young Word quite well...excellent, our work here is complete!

Comment

So I'm coming downstairs like a 4 year old on Christmas morning, grab a knife, and
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...... scare the hell out of the UPS guy...

Comment

Looks great, Word. You'll have to tear us off a soundclip on the new beastie [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice Axe Word, congrats. Next time try not to threaten the UPS guy like that. They might want to deliver to your house anymore. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I missed out on one of those last year [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] It had a maple finger board though and the original pickups, the bridge pickup was one of the "rail" type ones (looked similar to the Seymour Duncan's in the Scott Ian signature guitar) and was an absolute monster. If your new axe is as good as the one I let get away then you've got a quality axe there pal so congrat's to you.

Comment

Congratz dude! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

real Cool Word

Comment

Congrats on the new addition.

joe...
                            www.godwentpunk.com
                            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Congrats Word! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              Very cool finish indeed!

You'll have to record some clips of you shredding with it and post them! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anders
                              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                              X