Help!!! B500K for A500K volume pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! B500K for A500K volume pot

I have a Jackson SL-3 with big volume pot (it is broken) where is written A500Kohm. Can I change it for smaller pot where is written B500Kohm.
    Thanks!
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: Help!!! B500K for A500K volume pot

Yes.

Comment

Thanks jgcable!
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

what does the A or B mean anyway.... audio/linear taper?
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

A means "alright" B means "broken"
          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

it is just the manufacturers part #.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              A means "alright" B means "broken"
              [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

So the broken A pot he has is ok, but the not-broken B pot he has is bad? I'm confused :scratch [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Offhand I'd say the A and B refer to sizes (A=bigger, B=smaller - would a C-pot be for things like trim pots?)

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  So the broken A pot he has is ok, but the not-broken B pot he has is bad? I'm confused :scratch [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

They were probably just mis-marked from the factory. Happens all the time. I've actually purchased B pots that worked just fine.
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                  X