Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just need to vent for a minute, sorry….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just need to vent for a minute, sorry….

I can’t get over this….

Maybe I am being petty, but, I don’t think so. All I wanted to do was upgrade the trim on my new axe to gold. The dealer I bought the guitar from contacted Jackson/Fender and discussed with them what I need. At that point they stated a Floyd Rose would not fit my guitar. That I needed a JT-590, it would simply drop in. So we ordered a:

JT-590 (Of which they had several in stock in gold)
    strap buttons
    jack plate
    pickup ring
    pickup cover
    Knobs
    locking nut
    tuning keys

I think that’s it……. That was over 2 months ago!

Some of the parts strolled in, the wrong jack plate, strap buttons that were actually lock buttons in the wrong baggie that weren’t even gold. Did I mention they got the jack plate wrong twice. The JT-590 never showed up, actually they then said “sorry were out of stock and will have more in two weeks“

3 weeks later they kept giving us a run around and finally said “would you like to order a Floyd instead“ The dealer, confused says “I thought the Floyd wouldn’t fit…… Fender replies -“If you get the Floyd Rose Pro it will”.

Okay, sounds good, we ordered the Floyd. 2 weeks later it shows up, yesterday (No big, lots of things take 2 weeks). Except, it has a 42mm sustain block. I need a 32. No big…. Kevin Easton (Awesome guy BTW) tells me order one off Allparts…. Sweet. They have it. Figure I’ll go for it. So I figure before I do I will check for anything else I will need to get this thing working.

So I look at it and the stud placement is so far off, forget routing…. I need a frickin CHAINSAW to get this to work. NO WAY!!!! Someone at Fender is smoking crack!!!! So I contact Fender myself this time and the rep tells me “OOPS!! Our bad (How professional is that.) Sorry about that. No way that will work unless you want to carve that thing up pretty dramatically. They should have sent you the JT-590.… It will drop right in“. Okay, but this is getting a little old…. So I ask the infamous question. Do you have them in Gold with 32mm blocks???? “Yes, 3” - Sweet… I call my dealer and he says he will get one overnight.

A little while later he calls be back and tells me they don’t have them in stock, nor will they ever again. And they have now told him the reason it didn’t fit is we need an original Floyd… That will work!!!! So I think it is on order. And that’s where we are as of today.

I actually caught my self thinking the unfathomable, “I am never buying another Jackson product if this how Fender is going to treat the customer” Then I came to my senses….. Realizing that no better axe exists on earth. But that’s still no excuse for all this crap. They should at least know there own parts. I am tending to think this is due to the Fender deal. I don’t remember this kind of issue Pre-fender. Have I mentioned I don’t like fender, never have actually ERRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

No response necessary.

Just venting. It just needed to be done. And talking to my wife about this is useless. So I chose to use you guys.

Sorry,
    Ronnie

Re: I just need to vent for a minute, sorry….

Hey, is this the same Ron that is sending me the SLS to get reworked???

I was reading this thread and could only think.. Man, this sounds EXACTLY like the deal happening to another Ron Ive been speaking with...

BTW: sorry I couldnt speak any longer today bro.
    I had a couple dozen people waiting on me to come in and start playing the guitar.

Ya still sending that out to me and did you get a chance to check out that SL2H LTD trans purple?

(of course, if this is the same Ron)

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It's a me kind sir.... and yes I am still sending it. Went and had it boxed today. Just waiting to finish our discussion... So I guess I'll talk with you tomorrow. It's no big. You have a bussiness to run. Face first service has to come first. Now, after you have my axe..... LOL

No I haven't checked the guitars out yet... Still trying to figure out how to get the wife and kids to stop eating for a month or so [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I want one BAD though.

Talk soon Scott

Ronnie

Comment

Sounds like the old "Who's On First" routine [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"You cant put in an OFR, you need a 590, and we have them, but they won't fit, so you need a Floyd Pro, and we have them, but can't ship because we don't have one, but an OFR should work fine" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, I had a similar incident with Ibenhad - I ordered a replacement trem from my local Authorized Dealer from Ibanez. After 2 months and 29 days I got tired of waiting for it and traded the guitar for an import Kelly. Next day, the dealer calls and says the trem came in [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

That was back in 2000 or 2001 - I'm still boycotting Ibenhad over that sh1t.

Anyway, here's hoping it works out [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

BTW, what's the guitar in question that's getting the trem?

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Newc,

Doesn't it seem like the "Who's on first" routine - [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's for Jap Soloist. I hope it works out in the end as well.

Did I mention I don't like Fender. I think they are sleeping on the job... [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

So lets add to my already existing miserable week.....

My wife calls me at work early this morning (I work graves) asks me to please come home as our son is having a really bad asthma attack and she thinks he needs to go to the hospital. So I go out to my car. As I am walking, I am looking at the front end....It seems a little odd to me. As I get closer I realize it is the paint all falling off from be cracked and pushed in on the fiber glass.

SOMEBODY HIT MY VETTE!!!!

Ok, no time to deal with this now. I have to get home!

So I get home and my son is starting to feel better. (One down, 2 too go,) So I lay him on my lap on the couch and relax. He then decides he wants to shift over to the other cushion and almost falls. At this point I am holding my new dial calipers checking them out. I catch him to prevent him from falling through the glass top coffee table and my calipers fly out of my hand and smack my laptop LCD screen on my 6 month old laptop. gashing not one, not 2, but 3 holes in my screen. WTF - Thank God it is Friday, I quit. I am not moving this weekend. I'm done - stick a fork in me.

I suppose that there is a positive outlook on this….. I could have gashed my son instead of my laptop screen, I could had been in the car when it got smacked and last but not least, his asthma remedied it self with only his medication instead of a visit to the hospital. As for the gold parts, I simply don’t care anymore. They’ll get here.

Another day, another dollar, or rather many! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seems today was a rather expensive one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I could have gashed my son instead of my laptop screen,

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">That was the exact thing I thought was coming next when I was reading your post. I also had asthma as a child but seemed to have mostly grown out of it as I hit my early teens. I went through some scary sh!t as a kid with that crap and this post brought back a little bit of that " F$CK! I can't breathe" type of fear. Hope your luck gets back on track and your kid feels better soon. Have a great weekend bro, you deserve it.

By the way, what type of calipers did you get? Brown&amp; Sharpe? </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

You are with full of bad lucks..
                I was getting to feel depressed reading your story!
                Hope everything works out.
                [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

To all,

I don't know why I chose to vent this here.... You have better things to do than read my misery loves company posts. There are people with really, real issues... My world will be better tomorrow I am sure. As I said earlier just venting I suppose. Thank you for the much needed comments. Makes me feel better and realize what I just said. If anyone ever needs an ear let me know.

Yet again, sorry.

@ Budman - 6" Starret Verniers

Ronnie

Comment

Here's the link, I like them so far, USA made.

http://www.starrett.com/pages/3_prec..._and_gages.cfm

Comment

Damn. You should have asked us all the pertinent questions first.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The real lesson here is that gold parts are just plain EVIL..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good luck with your project.

Steve E

Comment

I got some digital calipers from StewMac - $50 and they even have a fret-height notch on the end. I had 'em a week and dropped them, cracking the screen [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Ah well, it's only $50 (and not $300 + for "real" calipers like Starret and such), and they still work [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And on the subject of childhood illnesses, I had Borderline Hemophilia - one bump on the nose or a hard sneeze and I was bleeding for an hour at least. Had lots of scary moments. Thank God He healed me of it, or I'da been a goner before I was 21.

As for the Soloist - an OFR will replace the JT-590 with no problem:
                          http://autumn-frost.com/Projects/BunnySL/Bunnybody.jpg

The only issue you'll have is that the string-lock screws in the back will not clear the route. Being that it's an import, just trim the back of the route, or live with not being able to do extreme pull-ups.

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                          X