Floyd I.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd I.D.

I can't seem to find any info about one of the floyds that I have. One is a new Floyd Rose Original that i got from V-Wall guitars a while back, but the other one is a little strange. It looks virtually identical to my new floyd...even has "Floyd Rose" on it, but it also has "licensed under floyd rose patents" on it, as well as some strange symbol near the bar threads. Also the new floyd has made in Germany on it but the one in question has nothing on it other than the patent numbers on the block. I have seen a couple of these trems on Fender Strats, so this makes me wonder if this is one of the versions that were made when Floyd had a licensing contract with Fender. The only real difference that I can see is the shape around the knife edges. If this is a copy, it is the best "licensed floyd" that I have seen. Any thoughts on where and/or who made this?

[image][/image]
    [image][/image]
    [image][/image]
    [image][/image]

Sorry for the bad pics.

Chris
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Re: Floyd I.D.

I think Fender made a line of these trems for some of their cheaper axes. I saw these in a fender catalouge

Comment

I believe Thoraby is correct. I think those even came in "Fender" logo'd retail packaging.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thanks guys, I was kind of thinking that as well being that I saw them on some Strats,just wasn't sure.

Chris
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Working...
        X