Duncan P90's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan P90's

Hey, maybe one of you can help clear up an issue I have with a pickup. Do all Seymour Duncan pickups have Seymour Duncan stamped on the back plate? Or did they make some models, such as some P90's in both stamped and unstamped configurations? Thanks.

Re: Duncan P90\'s

the P90's in my Hamer Special have the SD logo stamped on the bottom. every one i've ever seen is stamped. but that doesn't mean anything...they could've made unstamped ones, but i wouldn't think so because the P90's (afaik)aren't too old (vintage-y).
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

my (broken) full shred has the SD logo under it.

and sorry for sounding like an idiot, but what does P90 stand for / mean anyway?
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

P90 is a single coil pickup designed by Gibson(not sure who specifically) Also known as a soapbar, it was introduced on 6 string pedal steels and some ES hollowbody models before being introduced on the first Les Pauls in '52. Until '55 when the humbucker was being designed it remained the forefront of Gibsons pickup line. It is a great pup for blues/rock, especially when designed to be hum canceling by itself or in conjuction with another reverse wired P90.

I bought a P90 on eBay and the guy (universal-guitars) advertised it as a Duncan custom p90. I emailed the guy questioning the pickup and he was friendly enough..but still maintains it is a real Duncan. Well, I've never seen a Duncan with a non logo'd plate before. I haven't tested the resistance yet to determine which P90 it may be. It has braided line and the construction looks like it was from Seymour Duncan as it was potted..just the no logo thing really throws me off. It has a sticker residue where the model label once went.. and this is in part how he continues to maintain it is a Duncan.
        It could be.. I have to call SD and find out for sure, but they were closed by the time I got to them and are only open M-F.

Comment

Post this on the Seymour Duncan forum. They can better answer you. I am pretty sure all Duncans have the stamped plates, but better to ask an expert over there.

Comment

ah i remember about p90's now..... what does "PAF" stand for?
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

PAF= Patent Applied For

Comment

I forgot SD had a forum.. of course, that is a good suggestion. I'll try there.

Comment

Working...
                X