Nashville Stringing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashville Stringing

Anyone tried the nashville stringing? How does it sounds?
    I know Reb Beach did it on Winger records, clean guitar parts were really cool IMO.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: Nashville Stringing

It sounds like a cross between a 6 string and a 12 string. Reb also used it on many of the heavy rhythm parts too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      It sounds like a cross between a 6 string and a 12 string. Reb also used it on many of the heavy rhythm parts too.

[/ QUOTE ]
      Yeah, he also used it on lead parts
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Okay I can't stand it.
        What's Nashville stringing?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Hi Em,it's when you put six high E-strings on,kinda like the six high strings from a twelve string set!!

Comment

I had never heard of it either. I did a google search and found this.

Comment

Check out this http://www.rebbeach.com/rbfaqplaying3.htm

Comment

Wow! You guys! Thanks so much for the links (Chuck- you're always coming through [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
                This sounds really really cool. I can't wait to try it.
                One question though- by putting the lighter strings on does it mess with your intonation any?
                I have a beater Strat I may try this on.

Em

Comment

info on nashville tuning...

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Great informative link,thanx Sull!

Comment

Good tips~ Thanks Sully! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Huh! Never heard of that either. Anyone have a sample of what it sounds like?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Huh! Never heard of that either. Anyone have a sample of what it sounds like?

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Listen to the intro of Winger - Madalaine
                          It is awsome!

Comment

i love winger!
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Winger is one of those bands that doesn't seem that hard to cover until you actually try playing their songs. Between the vocals, the backups and the off the wall guitar tracks it is really difficult to cover. Even the timing is odd. I guess with Kip being the bass player,lead singer and song writer the music is coming from a totally different approach. Madalaine was one of the hardest songs for my band to cover. Hungry and Seventeen are just as challenging.

Comment

Working...
                              X