Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easton Guitars - Use Caution

Well, here ya go folks...

I was included in the JCF02 series "Big Red" I paid a $1000 "deposit" for the guitar last December. ( The $1000 has no bearing on the price of the guitar, it's not any specific denomination or percentage )

Anyway, as many of you know, I decided to get rid of the bulk of my gear, all the pro and expensive stuff anyway. Well, when I did this, I talked with the admin's, 2 of them anyway and told them I'd like to back out if I can, and open a slot for someone who wants in, they can simply take my number over. So we discussed this, they decided to seek a member to assume my number, thy did. This person also paid a deposit for the same guitar to Easton Guitars. This was in July, so I waited a few weeks thinking Easton would simply send my deposit back, or this new person would simply re-imburse me for my deposit and assume the number/guitar.

Well, I talked to Kevin at least 4 times via telephone, I've sent numerous emails, at least 15 at this point. The first email I sent, I got a response the next day, basically stating that KimE would cut a check and get it out tomorrow, great! No prob!

Well, a few weeks went by and I followed up and again, got a response the next day, perhaps 2 days later stating the check was sh!t on or sumpin [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] and to resend an address and he'd use UPS or something, well that was the 24th of August, I wrote again and called the following week asking for a tracking number, again, no response... I've called and I was told that it would be sent, at least one admin has talked to him and he said he'd call me, well, the phone never rang. Even today, iw as to get a call, had I and was assured that a check would be sent and I get it by tomorrow or even Friday, this post wouldn't exist.

It takes a lot for me to come out with something like this, especially since KE is looked up to by some because of his history with Jackson, well I'm not a afraid to make it public after countless pleas and waiting and waiting patiently. If the majority of you were in my shoes, I know for fact you wouldn't have waited this long. I'm certainly glad I really haven't needed the cash for something important like a house payment or an Echo for my son or something. But either way, there's simply no excuse for this type of thing to happen to anyone.

So here I am, out a $1000 and can't get a response from the guy, WTF??? What to do? WTF should I do??? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I firmly believe at this point that Easton is using my money to help finance something and I certainly hope it's not the JCF02 or the 29/30 others who have paid deposits or even paid in full for a guitar that they "may" owe a full invoice for. That's a whole lot of cash hanging around there.

And I will say this, if there's a JCF03 and Easton is sponsoring it or doing the ordering, I'm out permanently.

With much regret...

Pat

Re: Easton Guitars - Use Caution

Wow! That sucks bro... I wish I had some advice for you but... I don't. I think you did the right thing and gave him plenty of time to respond. And if he had trouble coming up with the money to send back to you... He could have mentioned it before it went this far... although he did receive $1000 from the other JCFer and could have just sent that to you.

Yeah, I'd be pissed off too!

Comment

Can't say I blame you for being upset, and it's definitely something to think about for those of us who are in the YCE Buyer's Group.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Damn... I hope Pat is wrong about the funds being used to fund something else... Could an admin please check with Jackson on this.

Sorry for all your troubles Pat... This truly does suck.

Comment

Well bro, it seems like you tried hard as hell to get this resolved off the forum. I don't blame you a bit for going public with it. As highly regarded as KE is around here I have to believe that this is some sort of oversight. Please keep us updated on any progress you may make on this matter. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

This is most unfortunate Pat. He did screw you, and there's no excuse to it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Hope you get it resolved soon.

Rodrigo.
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Damn... I hope Pat is wrong about the funds being used to fund something else...

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope I'm wrong as well, but what else am I suppose to think at this point?

Like I said guys, I waited and waited to post this, I really didn't want to do it, especially being a small business owner myself. When I've had problems before with clients, and I've c ertainly had my share, someone has always made a point of getting a hold of me, soemwhere, somehow. Didn't matter where I was or what I was doing, I was on the phone taking care of business.

Pat

Comment

I just don't know. Kevin is a very respected dealer and seems like such a nice guy on the phone. Right now I have no desire to ever do any more business with him, and I don't believe anything he says (due to my experience as well as yours). I hope he reads these posts and realizes that he needs to take care of us (his customers) and do what he says he's going to. C'mon KEv, wassup bro???
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Well, here it Friday morning and still, not so much as a reply to my email(s).

Any thoughts, suggestions? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Call the BBB in Texas???
                    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

No, I'm a failry patient person, it took a lot for me to even bring this out... I'll give it yet another week and I guess I'll have to pursue legal channels. I'll be pretty busy in the coming weeks, O wi may not wait that long, I don't know. But I will say that this is very disturbing to say the least!

As you may imagine, there's a fairly brutal sh!tstorm in the other forum about all this. A lot of concerns to say the least!

We'll see, and I'll certainly keep everyone updated.

Pat

Comment

We have tried to send the check to pat three times now. The first was returned to the shop in really bad shape, torn and very dirty, the usps had a note on it that it was undeliverable. So we sent another check out to the correct address that has never been found, via ups. It was never delivered to the address we were given so we put a stop payment on it after two weeks of it being missing. Yesterday, after the bank had officially stated that the check had not been posted and declared it stopped we issued another check to Pat and sent it out via ups overnite again.

Our emails to the return address we all returned to us as undeliverable. So I instructed the a/p dept to call with the info and it's is quite apparent that that was never done.

I am very sorry that we dropped the ball so badly on this one. Normally we would just issue credit to the card but since the time the deposit was placed we have changed card service providers and the new provider said there was no way to issue credit for a transaction they did not process.

Comment

KE just called, gave me a tracking number. Said it was slated for early delivery today. As soon as I get it, I will certainly let you all know...

Pat

Comment

Good news I hope.

Comment

Well, me to, but it leaves a lot to be questioned, but whatever, as long as I get a check today.

All of this could have been avoided with a simple response to many emails. Especially during a 2 week period? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I will certainly post the second I get a delivery today. It's not so much the money as the entire issue being resolved.

Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X