Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will neck fit?

Hi there,
    I'd be grateful for some help please. I'm based in England and have owned my Model 4 for about 15 years now. However, the neck's got a hairline crack behind the head stock. I have the opportunity to fit a Model 2 or Model 3 neck. Will it bolt straight on?
    Any information much appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Mark Blanchard.
    89 Charvel Model 4

Re: Will neck fit?

It will be such a good fit you won't be able to tell the difference. All of the original Model Series necks were of the same dimension and scale.

Good luck and welcome to the board [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

... if it's the same number of frets. otherwise you'll have to modify the body to get the scale length right.

oh.... wait, they're all 22 frets, right?
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Hi there,
        Yep, 22 frets. Thanks very much for your help. I'll be able to use it again, Hurray! I bought it new and it was fantastic before the crack, but it's been redundant for the last 10 years.
        The 25mm hairline crack is just behind the head stock / neck joint. I've been told there wasn't enough timber behind the truss rod and it gave up the ghost.
        Thanks for your help,
        Mark Blanchard.

Comment

I've just found out my guitar's a 1986 Model 4. Does anyone know if that makes a difference to fitting a 1984 Model 2 neck?
          Thanks for any help anyone can give,
          Mark Blanchard.

Comment

There is no such thing as an '84 Model 2 neck. The Model Series guitars started in '86 and ended in '88.

All of these necks are interchangeable with any other Model Series Guitar.

Comment

Working...
            X