"Haze" on Chrome Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Haze" on Chrome Hardware

One of my guitars has this odd sort of "haze" on the Chrome hardware. How do you remove this weird sort of foggy type haze on the hardware? (basically the chrome should be bright and reflective... But the haze makes it look like its fogging over, if that makes sense... I'll take a picture to clarify if people aren't understanding). Can anyone suggest a product to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: \"Haze\" on Chrome Hardware

Anyone?

Comment

Do you think the chrome hardware is clear coated on that guitar? It could be the clear coat is fuggin' up for some reason. Dunno though... If yes, try remove the clear coat.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Hmm.... I don't think so; but I will try to take a photo or two and post it here tomorrow. The weird thing is that its only on specific parts (the tune-o-matic bridge, stop tailpiece thing, and mounting bits where the strings go)

Comment

Try some 000 grade steel wool (available at Lowes, Home Depot, etc.) I'll bet that good 'ol shinyness comes right back!
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

before the steel wool, try some good old fashioned elbow grease with a cotton rag. If it is still hazy, try some metal polish or lighter fluid or rubbing alcohol. It is most likely just some buildup of sweat and oil and crud.

Comment

Okay.. Going to try to really work it over with some elbow grease (as suggested) and then move to the metal polish if I need it.. Then I will come back and either be posting about how it looks great or how I'm off to Home Depot / Lowes / the store to get some steel wool or somethin'. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X