Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size fret wire do new USA Jacksons have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size fret wire do new USA Jacksons have?

6100, 6105, 6130?
    Sorry if this already has been answered, but I couldn't find it in my searches.

Re: What size fret wire do new USA Jacksons have?

(Crickets chirping)

Comment

Haha! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Totally funny! I can hear 'em...
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Heh heh. Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Weird that I can't find this info anywhere online. I have found a few sparse references to "Medium Jumbo," etc., but I can't find specific wire numbers anywhere. I'm trying to spec out a Warmoth neck so it feels like my Jacksons.

Comment

go to www.warmoth.com and look at fret sizes and you will see that most C/J's use the 6150.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I have a Warmoth neck with stainless 6105 frets and it's super. I have another one on the way.

The 6105s are as tall as the 6150s but thinner. It feels a lot faster than the 6150s, and I've always liked the 6150s.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the posts, guys! I sincerely appreciate it.

I'm thinking of getting a rosewood neck, with an ebony fretboard. I like the looks of maple/maple, but the rosewood/ebony requires no finish, which would feel great and also drop the price closer to maple/maple. I'd like stainless frets, but I doubt my local guitar tech would want to deal with them if they need to be leveled, etc. I'm getting a Wizard profile, too. Love those thin necks!

Comment

I thought they were 6100s.That is what my SL1 has in it.(I measured them with a set of calipers)My Charvels are also the same size.
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

what frets does a dk2 neck have and how do those compare?
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                  X