Charvel 3b Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 3b Problems

I finally got my 3b up and working properly and the electronics need to be rewired. I get a wicked "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" on the 'neck' pickup. Additionally the 'neck' pickup cannot be lowered in volume. Also the two tone shaping knobs don't seem to do anything for either pickup. Anyone got a wiring diagram for one of these Charvels?

Also, it will not stay in tune no matter what I do. I'll tune it perfectly and then play through an entire song and then by the end of the song it'll drop down about a half step on each string. Any suggestions?

Re: Charvel 3b Problems

send me your addy again and i'll send you a copy of the diagrams i have. send me any pics of the electronics you have if you can. [email protected]
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

I PM'd you my address. I will take some photos tomorrow of it and send them your way. Thanks for your help man.

Comment

no biggie! gotta help a bass bro out! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Man this is getting so aggrivating... The bass just jumps out of tune at random now... I set it down for about 2 hours today and came back to it and the E and A strings dropped down to B! The tuners on this bass are terrible.

Comment

damn , i have never had any problems out of any of my charvels. make sure the nut is okay. i have a 3b fretless i bought for parts. if you need the tuners, i'll sell them or the whole bass if you want.it has emgs too. don't let this one give up on the model series, mine are awesome just got to get yours set up. good luck!

Comment

BTW, how do you wind the strings on? i mean, do you wrap a lot of string or just a little? i've found if i wrap down the peg to where it's at pitch with the string at the bottom of the peg but not over lapping. how the truss rod?it might be loose.let me know if i can help [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

The nut appears to be in perfect working order.... Truss rod is in there snug and I wrapped the string around just enough so that there is just enough extra but not to the point that you mentioned... I'll just go back to PM's with ya. That Charvel 3b Fretless sounds like it might be a good thing to pick up. I'll bring my 3b into a local tech because there might be something wrong that I just don't see / can't figure out. I need another bass as a gigging backup though... I'll PM you like I said I would... so be on the lookout.

Comment

Sounds like a bad set of tuners. Or the way you're stringing it up the strings are slipping. what I do that seems to work really well is stretch the E string to the D string tuner and cut it off then stick the end of the string down the split shaft hole in the string peg and wind it up making sure the string winds downward on the post. he the a string to the g string tuner. The d string to the point of the head stock then the g about an inch past the point of the headstock. that should give you plenty of string on each post so it doesnt slip. However if you strung this the same way you do your other basses then i would say its the tuners.
                  Good luck and let us know what happens.
                  Gil

Comment

Working...
                  X