Cleaning copper wah casing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning copper wah casing?

I've got a limited edition Crybaby wah pedal (standard GCB-95) with a copper casing. It used to look like a brand new shiny penny. Now it's a little tarnished from use and getting handled quite a bit over the years. Any way to remove the fingerprints and tarnishes from it? Rubbing with just a soft cloth doesn't seem to do much.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Cleaning copper wah casing?

Try some Brasso (metal polish) on the soft cloth. That should polish it up nicely...just try it on an inconspicuous spot 1st to make sure it doesn't totally screw it up, but it shouldn't. I also use Brasso to polish fret wire.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

several things will work.

Bronze/Copper cleaner will work the best. It will take the crud right off.

You could also soak it in Coke, or Tomato Ketchup. But those wont do very well for the electronics.

Comment

Thanks, guys! Looks like I gotta get to the hardware store tomorrow. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

use the same stuff they use to clean copper bottom pots. you should be able to get it at any grocery or walmart type store.

Comment

Working...
          X