Is this ordinary??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this ordinary??!!

I have tryed for couple days now to adjust my DK1. Seems that adjusting trussrod has no affect, but only bad. And i found that in the trussrod pocket there is some wood??!! Heres pics:

Hope you guys can see it on those pics..

Buzz in allover the fretboard, and when not only B string is buzzin everywhere [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Dunno what to do from now on, i think i should wisit a tech? But give oppinnions, bc i really love that guitar.

I just have such a good luck on these things [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Is this ordinary??!!

Hi Lauri,try using a straight-edge to determine whether the neck is bowed or back-bowed then adjust the truss rod accordingly(tighten it if bowed/loosen it if back-bowed starting with 1/4 turns at a time!!),however if you are not 100% comfortable doing this kinda work then definitely take your guitar to a repair-man you trust!!Don't take any unneccesary chances!!Chucksplatter

Comment

Sometimes it takes awhile for the truss rod adjustment to kick in. I'd wait like a day and see what happens.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dont get this wrong but i know how to adjust truss rod. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But there is something fishy, this is my diagnosis for to day: near the headstock there is this stringuide(floyd rose) and it is attached on the wood by two screws and the other screw is rolling freely, so there is no wood at all, so that is that piece of wood in the truss pocket. Because of this the E-A-D.. strings are higher. I can actualy see a light source when i look from side of the neck, its not much but still. Better take it to a tech..

Comment

So,the Floyd lock isn't screwed down tightly??Yeah,that would be a problem!!Sounds like it's tech-time!!& happy to hear you know how to adjust a truss rod!!LOL!!

Comment

And it cant, whitout hmm glue?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If you are talking about the nut (string guide) Just take out the screw that is turning freely glue a piece of a tooth pick into the screw hole and reinsert and tighten the screw.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yes, thanks for tip.. how i didnt think that?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X