Dropping in a Dimebucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping in a Dimebucker

Gonna drop a dimebucker in the bridge position of my Kramer-Jackson mutt... but I have a question.

If I leave the stock Jackson pickup in the neck position, will there be a big difference in output between the two?
    I have a Duncan 59 that I can possibly yank out of another guitar for the time being (this particular guitar has a Lynch and a 59, and will not be seeing much use until I get the chance to do my refin on it next year when I come back from JP) if it will be a better match I can put it in... but I'd have to go out of my way while running my errands tomorrow to make that happen because tomorrow is the only day I have open.
    Will the Jackson stock neck pup be ok next to the dime, or is the 59 gonna be better?

Re: Dropping in a Dimebucker

Electronically the circuit will work fine with no problems. I don't know the resistance on either the 59 or the stock Jackson pickup, but my guess is that the 59 will sound BETTER. However, the stock pickup will sound just as good as it does now. "Matching" pickups is sort of a personal thing. The idea is that they DON'T sound the same. If they did, what would be the point of having two pickups? Some of my guitars have a high output humbucker in the bridge, then a very low output single coil in the neck, and they sound just fine. The two pickups sound VERY different, but overall it just makes for a more diverse guitar.

Comment

I say go for Dime and 59 combination just like Washburn Dimebag models.
      By the way, how does Dimebucker sound like?

Comment

Either one should be sufficient in the neck due to that pup sensing such a wide area of the string's vibration. You just may have to adjust the pup height to even out the volume.

Comment

I haven't played the dime yet.
          Got it brand new for 75 bucks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I know the 59 sounds great but it might be a chore to retrieve it (it's sitting in my Warmoth.. the Warmoth won't get any use until I do my refin, but that'll be next year).

I think I'll keep the stock neck pup there for now, and I'll put in a 59 later on if I feel it is necessary.
          Thanks guys!

Comment

I've got a dimebucker...I threw it in a single hum parts mutt for a couple weeks. I liked it. If you're into his sound, you'll prolly like it. The full page ad in GW mag seems accurate to me. Shows a pic of the pup with an equal sign to a guy grinding on some steel. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Grinding on steel, eh? Sounds like my kinda ****!

Comment

The 59 has pretty good output, I doubt you'll notice any volume difference.

Comment

mutt [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                  X