Wiring problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring problem

I am trying to wire my bridge pickup in my iceman directly to the output jack. There are two wires coming from the jack a white one and a black one. A ground wire to the bridge, and the pickup has the hot wire and the ground and bare wires, Ihave already soldered the two together to make it humbucking and double checked that they are the right two together. <font color="blue"> </font>

I've tried both the hot and the ground to each of the outputjack wires and the ground from the bridge to each and I get nothing. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Wiring problem

Just hook the hot from the pickup to the hot (tip) of the jack, and the ground, and shield from the pickup along with the ground from the bridge to the ground (sleeve) from the jack, and you are good to go.

Comment

Well, I just found out that it wasn't my wiring that was the problem, my amp doesn't work. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

that is like asking where you left your glasses while you are wearing them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Working...
          X