Good source for decals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good source for decals?

Can anyone recommend a good online source of warplane "nose art" style decals that will work well on a guitar? I've found some nice pin-up decals on eBay, but none of the kind I've seen (painted) on various warbird/camo/military finishes.
    sigpic

Re: Good source for decals?

What, like these?

Kevin Easton's got a book I need to find that has tons of pinups in it.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, that sort of thing. I've found some nice decals on eBay, but a lot of them are sized for use on cars and motorcycles.
      sigpic

Comment

how does a decal work anyway?
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Those are waterslide decals I made at home.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

thats cool stuff there Doc. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Tanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You can get the decal paper from http://www.beldecal.com/

Print it out, let it dry, hit it with 3 or 4 coats of Krylon Krystal Klear, let it dry, cut out the one you want to apply (all 4 of those were on one sheet), lay it on a wet paper towel to make the backing peel away slowly, then slide the decal onto the guitar. It takes a bit to get it just wet enough to get the right amount of glue to stay on the decal, but too much and the decal curls and cracks the clearcoat on the decal [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

I managed to find a couple of good sites, and a couple of goodies popped up on eBay. Just waiting to hear back from a seller on dimensions. I'm looking to create a German WWII theme for my urban/winter camo fabric finish.
                sigpic

Comment

Inazone,

Could you post the URL of the sites that sells the decals?! Or Pm me the info.

THanx
                  Fong

Comment

I just placed an order with www.military-graphics.com last night. They recently added some decals that will fit the theme I'm looking for. It's all US-themed, so I'm scrapping the German look unless something amazing comes down the pipeline. I hope the quality on the decals is good, but it's a small operation and will take 2-4 weeks for them to arrive.
                    sigpic

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing your warbird.

Comment

I'm counting on decals to complete the look. The fabric I finished was apparently too heavy, and the white areas of the camo bled through a bit. The sides and back are just flat black, and there was some bleeding there too. Oh well, it will make for an interesting-looking experiment.

My plan is for this to become my main gigging guitar once I get it looking the way I want. Might add some locking tuners too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanx URL!!

Man! The website sure is HUGE!!

Fong

Comment

Working...
                          X